Contacting other Fiverr sellers to offer one's services

Guest gem_cutter

Question

Guest gem_cutter

Is it against the T&C?
For example, I offer a proofreading service. If I spot a profile or a gig page with many spelling and grammar mistakes, is it ok for me to contact them offering my services? Or is that considered spam?

15 answers to this question

Guest offlinehelpers

Is it against the T&C?

For example, I offer a proofreading service. If I spot a profile or a gig page with many spelling and grammar mistakes, is it ok for me to contact them offering my services? Or is that considered spam?

Or is that considered spam?

Yes it is, but well done for asking before you did it. 🙂

Guest gem_cutter

You’re only allowed to contact Fiverr sellers if you want to purchase their service, and need to ask them something about it. Anything else can get you reported.

Interesting answer. So if I were to, say, offer a deal to buy one of their gigs for $5 in exchange for them buying one of my gigs for $5, would that still be considered spam?

Interesting answer. So if I were to, say, offer a deal to buy one of their gigs for $5 in exchange for them buying one of my gigs for $5, would that still be considered spam?

That would be considered review manipulation, 😉

Guest gem_cutter

That would be considered review manipulation, 😉

Ok, how about this (I’m really trying to find a loophole here, :rofl:):

I create a new gig offering my service to new sellers to help them edit their new profile and gig descriptions, but I don’t contact them directly. Is that ok?

Guest offlinehelpers

Oh, wow. The rules are so stringent! 😬

I create a new gig offering my service to new sellers to help them edit their new profile and gig descriptions, but I don’t contact them directly. Is that ok?

(I’m really trying to find a loophole here, :rofl:):

Just don’t please. :woman_facepalming:

Anything you do without violating Fiverr’s TOS and common sense, is OK 😉

Here’s the link to TOS, please read it

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service?source=footer

Indeed. You’re not allowed to cheat. 😸

I’m really trying to find a loophole here, :rofl:

Those who try to find a loophole usually end up banned (and then you see them complaining on the forum that they got banned for no reason).

Guest gem_cutter

Indeed. You’re not allowed to cheat. 😸

I’m really trying to find a loophole here, :rofl:

Those who try to find a loophole usually end up banned (and then you see them complaining on the forum that they got banned for no reason).

I think I used the wrong phrasing here.

My aim is not really to “find a loophole”.

I just want to start a gig that specifically caters to sellers on Fiverr, WITHOUT spamming, and I would like to know if that violates the terms of service.

I mean a service dedicated to helping them write their profile and gig descriptions. Fiverr allows a resume and covering letter creation and editing service after all, so why not this?

I think I used the wrong phrasing here.

My aim is not really to “find a loophole”.

I just want to start a gig that specifically caters to sellers on Fiverr, WITHOUT spamming, and I would like to know if that violates the terms of service.

I mean a service dedicated to helping them write their profile and gig descriptions. Fiverr allows a resume and covering letter creation and editing service after all, so why not this?

There were some posts on the forum about Fiverr removing gigs related to other gigs.

If that’s what you’d like to offer, it’s best to ask Customer Support, and if they allow it, save the screenshot the permission, just in case.

Guest gem_cutter

There were some posts on the forum about Fiverr removing gigs related to other gigs.

If that’s what you’d like to offer, it’s best to ask Customer Support, and if they allow it, save the screenshot the permission, just in case.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Is it against the T&C?

is it ok for me to contact them offering my services

On a scale of 1 to 1,000,000, how many sellers would you be ok with contacting you and asking you to buy from them on any given day/week/month?

For most the answer is actually 0.

Guest gem_cutter

I will help you to edit and rewrite your long essays.

Helping with essays is not allowed on Fiverr. Your gig is likely to be removed at any time. If you type “essay gig denied” in the search bar above there are several posts on the subject.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I will change “essays” to “documents”

Archived