Fiverr Forum

Content writer but got an order for video transcription

Hi guys,
I’m a content writer. Recently, I got an order in which the buyer wants me to watch 50 videos and summarize the content in it. He ordered just one gig, which is for minimum cost.

Now, I want to know if its normal and it is a part of content writing or does it come in transcription jobs?

TIA

It probably has more to do with writing than transcription. You’re summarizing, rather than transcribing word for word.

Still, $5 is too little money for that job. Most sellers charge >$10 to summarize one short video.

That’s too much work, mate. You have to carefully watch the videos and sync. For that amount of work and syncing, I’d charge NO LESS than $75.

So, should I cancel the order because I don’t think the buyer would be willing to spend $75 when he has ordered a $5 gig. What do you think should I do?

What do you think I should do?

I can’t tell you what to do, but I can tell you what I WILL DO.

I will just cancel right away, and explain to him this is a sophisticated time-taking job and I can’t do it for $5.

Again, it’s up to you how much you’d charge.

I just won’t do it. No matter what. Even if the Apocalypse comes.

I’d do the same as Nero.

I’d also put a disclaimer in my gig description stating I’ll only watch or listen to one short media file as research. More research = gig extras.