Copied work/stolen

notilting

So first experience on fiver. Purchased a logo for a website as seller had what looked like excellent unique work. Received it, looked good and paid for it. Coincidentally i Got an email later in the day with my logo attached to a major website. Upon close inspection the logo creater had copied the image exactly from this site.

Poker website, not one I play at but I still receive marketing material for. I consider myself lucky i noticed as I was hoping to build a site around the logo.

What’s my next step? Let it go? It is just a fiver after all?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the legality, as long as you can prove that it was created for you and you have no idea that it was used by someone else, the seller would be at fault. At least, that is the way that it would work in the UK. While copyright is passed to you, you didn’t do the work but you would need to prove that in a court of law. I think there could be issues where damages are sought against you if you didn’t check that the logo was unique BUT it does depend on the seller’s description.

On the legality, as long as you can prove that it was created for you and you have no idea that it was used by someone else, the seller would be at fault. At least, that is the way that it would work in the UK. While copyright is passed to you, you didn’t do the work but you would need to prove that in a court of law. I think there could be issues where damages are sought against you if you didn’t check that the logo was unique BUT it does depend on the seller’s description.

As someone said above…contact the seller and see if they will correct the issue for you first! If they will not and or fail to respond, the leave a review stating that this was not original work (how many other people have the same experience and do not know). Let customer support know!

Then find a new designer! There are many of us around that can do quality work!

As someone said above…contact the seller and see if they will correct the issue for you first! If they will not and or fail to respond, the leave a review stating that this was not original work (how many other people have the same experience and do not know). Let customer support know!

Archived