Copy paste work

imani_wangu

What was this work about ?

Let me guess, a gig like: “I will make your logo for 5€” ?

No he was supposed to write a recipe book for me (based of my recipes ) and he just copy pasted from the internet and now he just blocked me!! I can no longer send him messages

I paid the guy 50 euro !!! He just stole my money like that

No he was supposed to write a recipe book for me (based of my recipes ) and he just copy pasted from the internet and now he just blocked me!! I can no longer send him messages

Did you accept the delivered work ?

If the order was already marked as complete, you can reach out to CS and provide a screenshot of what you found on the Internet and ask for the reimbursement.

Otherwise, same thing, contact CS and ask for cancellation. You’ll get the money back.

No ! I didn’t accept the work!
Because he had promised to adapt everything and send me a new version on the 20th of feb… I have been messaging him since (his excuse I was sick, ooh please give me another chance…) this weekend I told him okay, I want thenproject by Sunday evening… am still here waiting and he blocked me

Look for this:

image.png.11e27e06f437c01f8342a811f35abeec.png

on the order page, and follow up with your complain.

No ! I didn’t accept the work!

Because he had promised to adapt everything and send me a new version on the 20th of feb… I have been messaging him since (his excuse I was sick, ooh please give me another chance…) this weekend I told him okay, I want thenproject by Sunday evening… am still here waiting and he blocked me

Normally you can cancel the order and get your money back.

Thank you so much!! Am going try and do this . Really disappointed though, am first time user and I had so much hope

Unfortunatly it might happen, some sellers on fiverr are just scammers who pretend to be “pro with 10 years experience” and steal work, expecially in graphic designer niche where they just reverse logos, find things on google picture.

Thank you so much!! Am going try and do this . Really disappointed though, am first time user and I had so much hope

I’m very sorry for this bad first experience, but I can assure you that there are also very professional sellers here who only deliver original work 🙂

On 3/1/2021 at 6:48 AM, imani_wangu said:

I just want to say that there are some excellent sellers on Fiverr - many contribute to the forums. And yes, sadly, there are some chancers and rogues.

Let a seller’s feedback, price and gut instinct be your guide. While we were all new sellers once, if your project actually requires some original effort - then try and go for a seller with several hundred feedback ratings with an overall rating of 4.9 or 5.0. Also, be realistic with the price. If, for example, a seller is offering to do a $500 job for $50 then something isn’t right. And use your instinct to judge whether a buyer is responding to your inquiry in a way that is courteous, timely and professional.

On 3/1/2021 at 8:20 AM, stefanyoshovski said:

A few suggestions for your next purchase:

• Explain well your requirements before placing an order
  • The reviews are still one of the best way to choose a Professional Seller
  • Keep an eye at the way the seller communicates with you. Does he seem to care about your project or he puts you in a hurry to place an order?
  • Never accept uncompleted deliveries.
  • If you have an issue, try to solve it with the buyer. If he goes in circles or gives you promises for a delivery, ask him to send you “Extend Delivery Request”.

Otherwise if it cannot be solved, contact Fiverr’s Support through the Resolution Center. They have your back.

Thank you. I actually did all of these 😦

He delivered some work copy pasted from the internet (every word!!!) when I told him this he denied it… after I insisted, he told me he is going to adapt and deliver a new project, he set the delivery on 20th February. I have been since asking him when genus going to deliver he kept telling me very soon and on Friday night he told me that he was sick that’ s why he late and I then told him I saw that you werenonline the whole time, couldn’t message me and tell me you were sick? And now that I ask again all of sudden you remember that you were sick?

He asked for extra time and I said okay on Sunday evening otherwise please kindly reimburse my money. He has now blocked me and I can no longer send him messages…

I do understand that they are good sellers but it was my first time and this is what happened 😦 

Thank you! I actually did all of these 😦

He delivered some work copy pasted from the internet (every word!!!) when I told him this he denied it… after I insisted, he told me he is going to adapt and deliver a new project, he set the delivery on 20th February. I have been since asking him when genus going to deliver he kept telling me very soon and on Friday night he told me that he was sick that’ s why he late and I then told him I saw that you werenonline the whole time, couldn’t message me and tell me you were sick? And now that I ask again all of sudden you remember that you were sick?

He asked for extra time and I said okay on Sunday evening otherwise please kindly reimburse my money. He has now blocked me and I can no longer send him messages…

I do understand that they are good sellers but it was my first time and this is what happened 😦

He delivered some work copy pasted from the internet (every word!!!) when I told him this he denied it

That was the very moment that you should have discontinued any further dealings with this particular seller and instead brought to attention the plagiarism you received posing as original work to customer service.

If a seller is unscrupulous enough to try to hoodwink you once, they will assuredly attempt to do so again.

He delivered some work copy pasted from the internet (every word!!!) when I told him this he denied it

That was the very moment that you should have discontinued any further dealings with this particular seller and instead brought to attention the plagiarism you received posing as original work to customer service.

If a seller is unscrupulous enough to try to hoodwink you once, they will assuredly attempt to do so again.

You defined right! I started sensing some weird vibe but since I was new, I decided to give him a new chance…

You defined right! I started sensing some weird vibe but since I was new, I decided to give him a new chance…

I’m sorry for your bad experience, but there are really people who make a lot of effort to make things work out for you. That behavior affects us all, but there are people who tend to be very selfish. It is important to be honest. I hope it solves and you get your money back.

I am starting to see more and more posts like this.

While it is unfortunate this has happened, you were wise to not accept the work as that is probably going to clinch your refund.

What bothers me - and I’ve mentioned this before - is the high volume of newbies who are flooding Fiverr with the misconception that they can get rich, quick here and not have any true talent to do so.

Clearly Fiverr is going through a transitional phase here.

But your situation also brings to mind an old adage: Buyer beware.

I hope this first experience doesn’t sour you from using Fiverr again as there are some very talented, experienced and qualified freelancers here mixed in the pool of fakers.

Good luck.

Please open a ticket with Customer Support they will be able to help you! They respond fairly quickly at 12 hours at most. From my experience I get responses within an hour.

favicon-32x32.png.06bffd5c906fb19bd7a8725e4936ecef.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.2f0d13bb9b3ff56ea22ed60b6c05d4b9.png

Login to Fiverr

Fiverr is the world's largest freelance services marketplace for lean entrepreneurs to focus on growth & create a successful business at affordable costs.

Archived