Fiverr Forum

Copying Gig word for word

Did a search on a specific type of Gig I have been offering for over a year here, and typically I am either the only one offering this type of service or there may be one other. Well, today, there is another, who just added “their” Gig 2 days ago, and has not only copied my text word for word, but also the title of my Gig! LOL Their Gigs are also a hodgepodge of different things, rather than the focus on ONE thing, which makes me think they cannot even DO what they copied!

I did send in a ticket to Fiverr and hopefully they will address it, but, people “pretending” to be astrologers here, (I will read your Sun sign… LOL) much less an Horary Astrologer as I am, frustrate me and make those of us who can actually read a chart look bad.

Just had to rant. Anyone else experienced in having their Gig copied word for word? Did you get satisfaction from Fiverr?

GG

This happens a lot. I mean A LOT. Did I say LOT!? :smiley:

My gig has been copied ( word for word) I think twice or three times.

My image has been used a few times before too. I report them right away of course.

There is another seller here whose gig has been copied maaaany times.

It has become my habit to casually browse through Fiverr looking for cool new gigs

and also keeping an eye out for fake copy-cat gigs well, usually what I do is inform the

original seller.

In most cases those copy cat gigs look so darn fake to a point where I doubt any of them

will get orders, but that doesn’t mean it’s OK to leave them there, plus I think those

huge number of fake gigs will mess up the search in some cases.

From my experience though, once you report them, they usually get deleted right away.

Dealt with this myself not too long ago, had another seller who literally copy/pasted my gig description as his own. In my opinion, you shouldn’t even try to deal with the seller on a one on one basis - it seems to me that if they copied your gig, simply asking them nicely to stop won’t work and will only alert them that you’re aware, giving them time to cover their trail. Just petition it to Customer Support, make sure to include links to the other guys profile and copy gig, take screenshots of both the copy gig and your original in case the other guy goes back and tries to modify his description.

genuineguidance said: I did send in a ticket to Fiverr and hopefully they will address it, but, people "pretending" to be astrologers here, (I will read your Sun sign.. LOL) much less an Horary Astrologer as I am, frustrate me and make those of us who can actually read a chart look bad.

Too bad you don't have more info, you could look to see what's likely to happen to the offender. ;)

A big Thank You to the Fiverr team for taking down the offending Gig. I really, truly appreciate it!

I know others get copied, especially madmoo seems to have others wanting to piggyback off of her success here at Fiverr. I do not care if another real horary astrologer sets up a Gig and makes sales - but, this one clearly was not even qualified to read a chart if they had to copy my Gig word for word.

I am sure the offender will just have the Gig pulled or be asked to re write it. I noticed they had ebooks on their Gig listings and it made me wonder if they bought ebooks from someone else here (or wherever) and are now passing them off as their own. Talk about lazy!

Thanks for those who responded to my post with comments and support!

GG

Had the same thing happen to me. My gig description was copied word for word, so I contacted the seller about the blatant rip off, and gave them 24 hours to delete that gig or I will contact CS. Within 15 minutes they took the gig down, and sent me an apology and a thank you.

I think what happens is some people look for Gigs that seem to be doing well, and then think they can just climb on the gravy train and piggy back on that other person’s hard work and success. I am almost certainly convinced that the ebooks this person was selling were not written by them, but were bought and now they are selling them as their own (if they can even sell them!)

At least you got an apology. But, even then, I wouldn’t view the person in a good light if they cannot write their own Gig page.

GG