Fiverr Forum

Copyright Infringement

Why my post has been deleted?

Your user is selling illegally my product on your site, you do not respond to my request and now simply delete my posts regarding this issue. What’s going on?

This guys is selling my product, please remove that gig from the list:

Otherwise, I will take legal actions.

Hi there. Please contact our customer support team with this. It is a very serious issue and we won’t be able to help you resolve it here. Our customer support team will.

Yes, definitely contact Customer Support immediately. That is a legal issue and they are the only people who can help you.

To answer your question about your post being deleted: it’s against the forum rules to post the names of any buyers or sellers that you are having an issue with.

I did several times, and still got not response. I even do not know what to do.

I know this won’t put your mind at ease any, but Customer Support has been incredibly slow over the past few weeks. But they will get back to you. It’s also possible that since this is such a serious issue, they are looking into it before contacting you. Try to be patient, but I would suggest that you contact them daily.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I see the number of submitted posts to the forum but they are not available, only this one.

That seller is selling my copyrighted product, this product is officially selling on the biggest web design marketplace themeforest. I’m top author at that marketplace. I was informed by the community about this issue and till now one week passed and got no response from fiver support. It looks like they do not care about the copyrights.

Reply to @gt3themes: I would suggest you move onto emailing legal@fiverr.com

Reply to @vedmak: If I’m not mistaken, a customer on Themeforest has to purchase a specific license to be able to modify & sell products they’ve purchased there. The regular license is for personal use or use by only one client that doesn’t pay for the theme. Reselling on Fiverr would mean making the derivative work / theme available to many more than one client. The extended license is what would likely allow someone to purchase, modify and resell a theme as their own, but those can cost between $1,500 and $2,200. I buy on TF a LOT, and never have I had the ability to purchase and then resell say, a Wordpress theme the the regular license. So unless that buyer purchased the ridiculously expensive developer license etc. (and I don’t see them turning around and reselling for $5 a theme with a license that they paid $2,000+ for), they probably don’t have the permission they need to resell here on Fiverr.

@itsyourthing brings up a good point. Your issue is more for the legal department, but I’d start emailing both them and Customer Support regularly until you get some kind of response.

Reply to @vedmak: We’ve essentially said the same thing. My point was that I doubt the person offering the theme here on Fiverr has purchased a developer’s license or a single license enough times that they’re legally “allowed” to resell it (even a derivative) over and over here on Fiverr. It’s the multiple sales I was referring to, not a one-time sale to a client or personal use.

I get what you’re saying, but if a person spends their time and energy creating something that they sell for say, $40 - $55 a pop on Themeforest, they shouldn’t have to deal with someone coming over here to Fiverr, bringing down the value of what they’ve created and siphoning off sales when they don’t have the right to.

I’ve also been a member of sites like 99 Designs where copyright infringement is a HUGE issue throughout most of the design contests (particularly where logos are concerned). Interestingly enough, they’ve found a way to keep it at a minimum (and swiftly punish those who are found in violation). Other designers even help out, acting as moderators and flagging anything that they can tell violates copyrights. I think Fiverr could learn a thing or 2 from observing systems like what 99 Designs has in place to fight copyright infringement. Yes it’s a huge issue and a LOT of people to manage, but not doing it could result in lawsuits for Fiverr if they don’t take more aggressive action.

Even though they are digital products, theft can still apply. You’re right, no situation like this is ever cut and dry. I think it really depends on whether the seller here purchased the appropriate license and how they’re going about reselling the theme. Since we don’t know specifics we can really only speculate. If they haven’t modified it at all, or don’t have a developer’s license that would allow them to resell it an unlimited amount of times, then this complaint could likely be seen as valid. At any rate, I hope Fiverr got back to @gt3themes as I would think this would count as a “priority” kind of issue…

Reply to @vedmak: Well I guess that’s entirely up to them. If they worked hard on something and want to fight for it, that’s their choice. Who knows, they might come out better by doing so. Doesn’t seem like a waste of time to fight for something that’s rightfully theirs. Just because they’re an author on TF doesn’t mean they don’t do work on other venues or don’t have a successful enough career to bring a case against a violator of copyrights. They exist for a reason, which means they do benefit those who hold them at some point.

At any rate, it’s not my argument and I have no stake in what happens either way. I just know what it’s like to be screwed in business and hate to hear about it happening to others. All speculation aside, it’s really between @gt3themes and Fiverr now…

Yes, definitely contact Customer Support immediately. That is a legal issue and they are the only people who can help you.

To answer your question about your post being deleted: it’s against the forum rules to post the names of any buyers or sellers that you are having an issue with.

I did several times, and still got not response. I even do not know what to do.

I know this won’t put your mind at ease any, but Customer Support has been incredibly slow over the past few weeks. But they will get back to you. It’s also possible that since this is such a serious issue, they are looking into it before contacting you. Try to be patient, but I would suggest that you contact them daily.

I see the number of submitted posts to the forum but they are not available, only this one.

That seller is selling my copyrighted product, this product is officially selling on the biggest web design marketplace themeforest. I’m top author at that marketplace. I was informed by the community about this issue and till now one week passed and got no response from fiver support. It looks like they do not care about the copyrights.