Copyrighted Material -- Appropriate for Fiverr?

I own the copyright to a book I have published. I have some inventory in my possession, and I’m interested in selling these on Fiverr. The Terms mentioned that buyers keep all copy rights to material generated here on Fiverr. That makes sense for a unique writing gig. But what about a book that has already been written and is being sold here as a gift? What are the rules concerning copyright for that?

I have also written a career planning instructional ebook that is a companion piece for a project log I designed. It makes sense that once someone has filled out the log with their specific data, it becomes theirs. But I’d like to keep the copyright on the instructional ebook that comes with it and the log design itself. Can I offer this book/log on Fiverr and maintain copyrights on these as well?

I am not sure you should be selling these on Fiverr.

You might lose the rights and see them being resold in the blink of an eye.

Someone who knows the TOS better might be able to help you further though.

Reply to @designmytype: Thanks. That’s what I was afraid of. I might have to abandon this brand new account (using my author name) and set up a new one in my professional name for writing marketing materials (part of my background). Will wait for a few more comments first though. :slight_smile: I do appreciate the feedback, though!

you don’t loose anything as long as you state exactly what the service or product is in the description along with instructions to buyer if you want to be super thorough. You could even make them sign something fiver lets you do anything you want ( basically )

If you read the TOS you will find the following text and it should be more than enough to make sure you keep your copyrights:

"unless clearly stated otherwise in the Gig description text, when the work is delivered, the buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the seller and the seller waives any and all moral rights therein"

Just make sure you clearly state that the book is not meant for resale and you are the exclusive owner of the copyrights. I would even go as far as posting a short text disclaimer on the subject when you record the video for your gig.

Thanks to all of you. Startselect, I missed the keywords “unless clearly stated otherwise in the Gig description text,”. Thank you for pointing that out. Bachas85, you are correct! Legal issues are always tough. As to contacting Customer Support, after a great deal of searching, I found no place at all to address this particular issue and no direct contact point. Ironically, for my day job, I am that contact person! (Not here, of course.) If any of you know how to actually contact Customer Service, please let me know! The link provided above just takes me to a maze of confusing disconnection. Thanks to you here on the forum, however, I’m a lot closer to finding an answer. :slight_smile:

OK, Bachas85, my bad. Turns out there was a place I could submit my question. I just had to make it very general instead of trying to use a closely related category. Thanks again, everyone.