Could someone do me a favor?

cyaxrex

If possible, could someone do me a favor and Google the word ‘nem’ in a private/incognito browser window? Then when you do, could you click on ‘news’ and write here what the first 5 top news headlines are?

This is part of a little Seo experiment I am undertaking, not related to any active order and you do not need to click on any link. I just am genuinely interested in the results from different geographic areas in the world.

Why? What do you mean?

The person returning the results I expected seems to have googled crypto currencies at some point, as they inferred that it doesn’t is something they have looked into.

In my work I use an ingognito browser to check how pages I write rank. It would seem, however, that search results are still influenced by past, non-ignognito search behavior.

The person returning the results I expected seems to have googled crypto currencies at some point, as they inferred that it doesn’t is something they have looked into.

In my work I use an ingognito browser to check how pages I write rank. It would seem, however, that search results are still influenced by past, non-ignognito search behavior.

It was definitely encrypted mode, USA. I would be surprised if google uses IP to identify users. The amount of IPs is astronomical. Of course it’s not impossible.

It was definitely encrypted mode, USA. I would be surprised if google uses IP to identify users. The amount of IPs is astronomical. Of course it’s not impossible.

Especially IPv6 😃

Fun fact: There are 3.4×10^38 or 340 undecillion IPv6 addresses. It would take three times the age of the universe to actually scan all the IPv6 addresses on a 48 bit IPv6 subnet if you were scanning at a million addresses per second

Especially IPv6 😃

Fun fact: There are 3.4×10^38 or 340 undecillion IPv6 addresses. It would take three times the age of the universe to actually scan all the IPv6 addresses on a 48 bit IPv6 subnet if you were scanning at a million addresses per second

And add to that number the number of IPv4!

Google algorithms surely tracks IP addresses. In India, from my laptop using my usual residential internet IP, when I go to Google dot com or Google News I get India content.
In India, from the same laptop, using my usual residential internet, but with a US proxy IP and go to Google dot com or Google News I get US content.
In India from the same laptop, using my usual residential internet, but with a UK proxy IP and go to Google dot com or Google News I get UK content.
Same with Yahoo and many other websites.

I would be surprised if google uses IP to identify users.

Ahh… I wish I could have my Windows 98 mind back. So young, so pure, so pre-Giant NSA spying apparatus.

Anyway, results time. What is more, anyone in SEO circles might be interested in this bit of insight.

Today via pure coincidence, I had to write 2 x articles regarding a cryptocurrency called ‘Nem’ both buyers, however, gave me different SEO instructions.

The first wanted a specific set of high ranking keywords included in the first paragraph and used 2 or 3 times thereafter. Personally, I don’t like this method but as per their requirements, I delivered.

The second buyer let me go my own way with SEO. This being the case, I researched keyword terms and used those which I found in a purely organic writing style based on something Google calls cross citation and co-occurence. - Basically, not actually bothering with keywords, including them occasionally, but spending more time making written (not linked) cross-references to other high-authority sites detailing similar subject matter.

Now, because the subject which I was writing about actually interested me, I told a friend to Google the subject matter (Nem). They then started quoting my own article word for word back to me which I found somewhat amusing. In this case, I Googled Nem myself and found the non-keyword heavy article ranking No.1 in relevant Google news.

Presuming that this was because of my personal browsing history, I used a private browsing tab and discovered that indeed, my article was listed as No.1 in Googles news feed regarding this search term. This is why I enlisted a little help here to see if I was really ranking so highly.

Now, data from the few people here on the forum who have replied seems to match data from a discussion which I am having elsewhere. Namely, if you have researched cryptos previously, my article ranks between 1 and 4 in the Google news feed when using a private browser session.

If you have never Googled cryptos, you are likely to get more randomized results or ones which pertain to actual mining companies.

Given the above, I first thought my little SEO experiment a failure due to how web browsers seem to return results even in incognito mode, which match past search behavior - (or lack of it). As it is though, people who may have an interest in cryptocurrencies do seem to see the second (SEO done my way) article in their news feeds and try as I or a few friends might, we can’t find the keyword focused SEO Nem article anywhere.

Much more importantly, the keyword heavy article is currently published on a website with an SEO score over 90%. The one which is actually ranking, however, is published on a site which needs a wee bit improvement. - The thing is, Google doesn’t seem to care.

Anyway, most people won’t understand what I just wrote but that’s fine.

Thank you to all who participated in this obviously very scientific study. In time, you will all be rewarded with chocolate covered marshmallow fish for your efforts.

I would be surprised if google uses IP to identify users.

Ahh… I wish I could have my Windows 98 mind back. So young, so pure, so pre-Giant NSA spying apparatus.

Anyway, results time. What is more, anyone in SEO circles might be interested in this bit of insight.

Today via pure coincidence, I had to write 2 x articles regarding a cryptocurrency called ‘Nem’ both buyers, however, gave me different SEO instructions.

The first wanted a specific set of high ranking keywords included in the first paragraph and used 2 or 3 times thereafter. Personally, I don’t like this method but as per their requirements, I delivered.

The second buyer let me go my own way with SEO. This being the case, I researched keyword terms and used those which I found in a purely organic writing style based on something Google calls cross citation and co-occurence. - Basically, not actually bothering with keywords, including them occasionally, but spending more time making written (not linked) cross-references to other high-authority sites detailing similar subject matter.

Now, because the subject which I was writing about actually interested me, I told a friend to Google the subject matter (Nem). They then started quoting my own article word for word back to me which I found somewhat amusing. In this case, I Googled Nem myself and found the non-keyword heavy article ranking No.1 in relevant Google news.

Presuming that this was because of my personal browsing history, I used a private browsing tab and discovered that indeed, my article was listed as No.1 in Googles news feed regarding this search term. This is why I enlisted a little help here to see if I was really ranking so highly.

Now, data from the few people here on the forum who have replied seems to match data from a discussion which I am having elsewhere. Namely, if you have researched cryptos previously, my article ranks between 1 and 4 in the Google news feed when using a private browser session.

If you have never Googled cryptos, you are likely to get more randomized results or ones which pertain to actual mining companies.

Given the above, I first thought my little SEO experiment a failure due to how web browsers seem to return results even in incognito mode, which match past search behavior - (or lack of it). As it is though, people who may have an interest in cryptocurrencies do seem to see the second (SEO done my way) article in their news feeds and try as I or a few friends might, we can’t find the keyword focused SEO Nem article anywhere.

Much more importantly, the keyword heavy article is currently published on a website with an SEO score over 90%. The one which is actually ranking, however, is published on a site which needs a wee bit improvement. - The thing is, Google doesn’t seem to care.

Anyway, most people won’t understand what I just wrote but that’s fine.

Thank you to all who participated in this obviously very scientific study. In time, you will all be rewarded with chocolate covered marshmallow fish for your efforts.

I researched keyword terms and used those which I found in a purely organic writing style based on something Google calls cross citation and co-occurence. - Basically, not actually bothering with keywords, including them occasionally, but spending more time making written (not linked) cross-references to other high-authority sites detailing similar subject matter.

This is interesting. Congratulations at having your article highly ranked.

I’ve never researched cryptocurrencies I don’t think.

I researched keyword terms and used those which I found in a purely organic writing style based on something Google calls cross citation and co-occurence. - Basically, not actually bothering with keywords, including them occasionally, but spending more time making written (not linked) cross-references to other high-authority sites detailing similar subject matter.

This is interesting. Congratulations at having your article highly ranked.

I’ve never researched cryptocurrencies I don’t think.

It’s not really a big deal. This was just an accidental split test opportunity which I at least am happy with the results of.

It’s not really a big deal. This was just an accidental split test opportunity which I at least am happy with the results of.

I am a bit confused. You were referring to incognito mode and not encrypted mode, right ? I know both do not mean the same thing, but just need clarification from you.

Archived