Could someone give advice on this offer please?

nateb99

Hi. Just received a message, but my Spider senses are tingling. (No names mentioned)

Any thoughts? Here’s the message:

Hi
Pls we need you to make a voice over for an ebook which is confidential and as such it has been locked by my boss and we will want you to complete a simple survey for us to know a little about you before you having access to the ebook.our budget is $100 since it would be a long term job.
Kindly let me know if interested
Best regards

Hi. Just received a message, but my Spider senses are tingling. (No names mentioned)

Any thoughts? Here’s the message:

Hi

Pls we need you to make a voice over for an ebook which is confidential and as such it has been locked by my boss and we will want you to complete a simple survey for us to know a little about you before you having access to the ebook.our budget is $100 since it would be a long term job.

Kindly let me know if interested

Best regards

but my Spider senses are tingling

Listen to your Spider senses!

What an odd message. Next thing you know they are gonna tell you they’ll send you $500, but first you need to do a small job for them. And then, after you submitted that, they will give you another job, this time more serious. You will be entrusted with confidential documents, and any leaks, so they promise you, will mean the “end of your collaberation”. They emphasize on that part by sending you a picture of their Yakuza tattoos. Now you realize that you were catfished by the Japanese Mafia. From now on they control every one of your gigs and make you do their bidding. Slaving away for the next months and ongoing, but at least the pay is good. Every night when you go to sleep, you keep thinking about the day where you wondered whether to trust your own senses. Too late now, Nate. Deeper down the rabbit hole you go.

Rabbit holes? Curiouser and curiouser, pondered Alice…

Yes I’d say you’re sorry but you can’t fill in their survey/ refuse the job.

I don’t know whether it would be risky to check the survey (maybe could be a malicious link?). But I’d be suspicious about the “long term job” too (it’s usually when someone wants something really cheaply).

Yes I’d say you’re sorry but you can’t fill in their survey/ refuse the job.

I don’t know whether it would be risky to check the survey (maybe could be a malicious link?). But I’d be suspicious about the “long term job” too (it’s usually when someone wants something really cheaply).

Thanks. I don’t think I’ll take the chance. Cheers

Archived