Could someone take a look at my gig descriptions, and tell me what needs to be improved?

foxella

Hello, Fiverrverse. First, I’d like to say that I am not a newbie, so I’m not looking for any advice on how to get more customers or how to advertise my gigs. However, I do need my gigs looked at to see if the descriptions need to be improved. I’m an amateur proofreader and editor, and that gig has been doing quite well, but I also offer a gig where I give advice, and that gig hasn’t had any customers. I think the problem lies within the gig description, and I would like to correct it and make it more attractive to potential customers. So, any advice concerning my gig descriptions (for my proofreading gig and my advice gig) will be much appreciated. I find that tweaking a description every now and then can lead to a description that is concise and almost perfect in every way!

Hmmm, I can’t say I’m an expert seller, but you might benefit from separating your gig description into smaller paragraphs. When I first started Fiverr, I had gig descriptions like yours. After I formatted them differently, I started getting more orders. I mean, obviously this can’t be deemed as a direct correlation, but it couldn’t hurt. Try playing around with different formatting or styles of writing every couple of weeks and experiment with what you think works best.

Another piece of advice is to check gigs that are similar to yours and are doing well. Try and pull some inspiration from their descriptions.

Archived