Could we Ever have a way to Petition Fiverr for Change We Want to See?

cyaxrex

A couple of weeks ago, I had a buyer spam me with 17 messages. After blocking this buyer, he then placed an order and asked me for my s***e address.

Long story short, I would NEVER agree to willingly work with such a person. I was bound to complete this persons order, however, (after insisting that they provide written text instructions) due to the fact that canceled orders can be pretty devastating as far as ranking goes.

So, I did provide this person with 300 words of content exactly to their specifications. The only problem? According to them, I completely missed the mark and they asked for a refund. - Talk about being predictable.

I refused and directed the buyer to CS, never to hear from them again. The only problem is that today, I have noticed that my orders completed ratio has dropped to 98%. Looking, I now can’t find the order in question anywhere in my pending clearance or completed orders line up. In this case, I’m guessing that the buyer has somehow managed to wrangle a refund.

Now, this really annoys me. My only canceled orders this year are the result of people saying “sorry, I ordered by mistake,” or people ordering products which I do not and have never provided.

In this case, would it be so hard to add a function to the resolution center where if buyers place an order by mistake or scam buyers place orders after sellers have declined projects, orders can be canceled without adverse effects on rankings?

Situations like this simply aren’t fair and the function would be easy to implement given the fact that mutual cancellations used to be treated this way anyway.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a buyer spam me with 17 messages. After blocking this buyer, he then placed an order and asked me for my s***e address.

Long story short, I would NEVER agree to willingly work with such a person. I was bound to complete this persons order, however, (after insisting that they provide written text instructions) due to the fact that canceled orders can be pretty devastating as far as ranking goes.

So, I did provide this person with 300 words of content exactly to their specifications. The only problem? According to them, I completely missed the mark and they asked for a refund. - Talk about being predictable.

I refused and directed the buyer to CS, never to hear from them again. The only problem is that today, I have noticed that my orders completed ratio has dropped to 98%. Looking, I now can’t find the order in question anywhere in my pending clearance or completed orders line up. In this case, I’m guessing that the buyer has somehow managed to wrangle a refund.

Now, this really annoys me. My only canceled orders this year are the result of people saying “sorry, I ordered by mistake,” or people ordering products which I do not and have never provided.

In this case, would it be so hard to add a function to the resolution center where if buyers place an order by mistake or scam buyers place orders after sellers have declined projects, orders can be canceled without adverse effects on rankings?

Situations like this simply aren’t fair and the function would be easy to implement given the fact that mutual cancellations used to be treated this way anyway.

Long story short, I would NEVER agree to willingly work with such a person. I was bound to complete this persons order, however

I remember one of the Academy’s pages (go figure, it’s about “Minimizing Cancellations”, too 😏 ) stated that we have the choice to, and I quote: "Just Say No".

And yet, here we are, with no power to say No without suffering the repercussions of doing that 😕

Long story short, I would NEVER agree to willingly work with such a person. I was bound to complete this persons order, however

I remember one of the Academy’s pages (go figure, it’s about “Minimizing Cancellations”, too 😏 ) stated that we have the choice to, and I quote: "Just Say No".

And yet, here we are, with no power to say No without suffering the repercussions of doing that 😕

Yes, it bothers me that there is a resolution center option to say that a buyer has ordered by mistake. This being the case, I don’t understand why such cancellations (if the buyer agrees that they ordered in error) should count against sellers.

Yes, it bothers me that there is a resolution center option to say that a buyer has ordered by mistake. This being the case, I don’t understand why such cancellations (if the buyer agrees that they ordered in error) should count against sellers.

I don’t understand why such cancellations (if the buyer agrees that they ordered in error) should count against sellers.

Because it’s easier to just put them all in the same basket as opposed to filtering & weighing them individually? Plus the need to verify each order to see if the seller didn’t misuse the resolution center and lied about the order being a mistake, etc.

If you want to cancel an order without getting a negative rating on your cancellation chart, you can cancel the order yourself, and if the buyer agrees to it, you won’t get a strike on the cancellation, but if the buyer cancels first, then you’ll get a strike for the cancellation, at least that’s what happened to me.

Guest offlinehelpers

If you want to cancel an order without getting a negative rating on your cancellation chart, you can cancel the order yourself, and if the buyer agrees to it, you won’t get a strike on the cancellation, but if the buyer cancels first, then you’ll get a strike for the cancellation, at least that’s what happened to me.

The cancellation counts against your account regardless of who initiated it - buyer or seller.

freebies

Freebies? As in mutual cancellations that don’t affect us? 😍

Why not?

Everyone knows that for all Level 2 & up; there are a few newbie buyers who genuinely make a mistake and those scammers who try to force their way in. I think everyone should be allowed at least 1 and maybe more for higher level or a % of orders.

I remember reading it on Fiverrs blog.

Why not?

Everyone knows that for all Level 2 & up; there are a few newbie buyers who genuinely make a mistake and those scammers who try to force their way in. I think everyone should be allowed at least 1 and maybe more for higher level or a % of orders.

Yeah, now here’s the thing. That’s a very bad idea. In most cases, if it’s evident that a buyer is trying to scam a seller CS will help out by removing the review and preventing the order from being canceled. At least this is what happened to me with a $200 order. Now imagine if we had “Freebies” would CS really put in as much effort?

Yeah, now here’s the thing. That’s a very bad idea. In most cases, if it’s evident that a buyer is trying to scam a seller CS will help out by removing the review and preventing the order from being canceled. At least this is what happened to me with a $200 order. Now imagine if we had “Freebies” would CS really put in as much effort?

Understood.

There is to every idea!

Thank You/G 🙂

Understood.

There is to every idea!

Thank You/G 🙂

the only effective solution I can think of is for Fiverr to take a firmer stance against scammers (both sellers and buyers). If a guy threatens to leave a negative review to get more work a seller should be provided protection and have the review removed.

In case of unjustified cancellations, there should be an option available to sellers to contact support on the matter. As things are right now, it’s basically each man for himself for now. Implementing a new rule, option or even a feature is going to be pretty pointless if the overall mentality doesn’t change.

the only effective solution I can think of is for Fiverr to take a firmer stance against scammers (both sellers and buyers). If a guy threatens to leave a negative review to get more work a seller should be provided protection and have the review removed.

In case of unjustified cancellations, there should be an option available to sellers to contact support on the matter. As things are right now, it’s basically each man for himself for now. Implementing a new rule, option or even a feature is going to be pretty pointless if the overall mentality doesn’t change.

a seller should be provided protection and have the review removed.

That’s how it was in the past, then they changed it… 😕

I guess they have to deal with so many more cancellation- or feedback-related tickets due to the exponentially-increasing number of new sellers, that they decided to change everything by making it easier for them and thus harder for us…

The cancellation counts against your account regardless of who initiated it - buyer or seller.

The percentage doesn’t go up if the cancellation is mutual, and in most cases it’s because of the seller being the first to cancel, I’ve tried that before, and have yet to see a cancellation counter on my account…

Guest offlinehelpers

The percentage doesn’t go up if the cancellation is mutual, and in most cases it’s because of the seller being the first to cancel, I’ve tried that before, and have yet to see a cancellation counter on my account…

All my cancellations have been mutual, started by me, and they do count against the completed percentage.

a seller should be provided protection and have the review removed.

That’s how it was in the past, then they changed it… 😕

I guess they have to deal with so many more cancellation- or feedback-related tickets due to the exponentially-increasing number of new sellers, that they decided to change everything by making it easier for them and thus harder for us…

Hence, point proven. In the end, it’s all about whether Fiverr genuinely wants to help sellers out. Sometimes I wonder, is a success manager actually any help?

Hence, point proven. In the end, it’s all about whether Fiverr genuinely wants to help sellers out. Sometimes I wonder, is a success manager actually any help?

Not really. Especially since they randomly ditch you when your sales start going down after implementing all their advice.

Do what I do. Pickle your brain in coffee and stop relying on other peoples ideas. Success manager = “I want to seem important and justify my existence by telling you who knows your job how to do it better. Please ignore the fact that I have no idea what you do.”

That said my first success manager was pretty cool. He even looked cool. RIP Steve, William or whomever you were.

Not really. Especially since they randomly ditch you when your sales start going down after implementing all their advice.

Do what I do. Pickle your brain in coffee and stop relying on other peoples ideas. Success manager = “I want to seem important and justify my existence by telling you who knows your job how to do it better. Please ignore the fact that I have no idea what you do.”

That said my first success manager was pretty cool. He even looked cool. RIP Steve, William or whomever you were.

Sometimes I wonder who comes up with all these “changes” and new “principles” for Fiverr to follow. It’s incredible how Fiverr can do a complete overhaul of the sites UI but can’t manage to do anything to help make the site easier and better for everyone to use.

So, did things pick up for you again?

P.S

What does a guy have to do to get a success manager? I wanna sit at the grownups table too dammit.

there is a resolution center option to say that a buyer has ordered by mistake. This being the case, I don’t understand why such cancellations

It is my understanding that these types of cancellations are not counted against us.

I don’t stress myself if I need to cancel.

I feel that fiverr is smart enough to realize that demoting my gigs not only hurts my bottom line but theirs as well. I know I’m getting larger sales than others in my category which more than make up for cancellations of $5 orders which all of mine are.

Those $5 ones never come back to answer questions.

Sometimes I wonder who comes up with all these “changes” and new “principles” for Fiverr to follow. It’s incredible how Fiverr can do a complete overhaul of the sites UI but can’t manage to do anything to help make the site easier and better for everyone to use.

So, did things pick up for you again?

P.S

What does a guy have to do to get a success manager? I wanna sit at the grownups table too dammit.

I don’t have a success manager anymore and I don’t want one. I think they have their hands busy with the Pro sellers now anyway.

Nothing has picked up on Fiverr for me. August was horrendous and September hasn’t exactly got off to a flying start. Also, I’ve noticed that every time I make a sale, the gig I sold disappears from the search and starts dropping in impressions etc.

The above could be coincidence but to test it, anyone who requests a custom offer this month is getting it put on a new gig with tons of impressions building. If those impressions then start dropping, I’ll know that Fiverr really is nuts.

Anyway, I’m done with it. I’ve got 3 clients off Fiverr whom I’ve committed to long running projects with. My focus now is to keep on building clients free of any marketplace by moving them all over to Linkedin.

Of course, I will not be running away from Fiverr. I’m not stressing about it anymore, though. It’s just a case of when something stops working, the worst thing you can do is just sit looking at it.

I don’t have a success manager anymore and I don’t want one. I think they have their hands busy with the Pro sellers now anyway.

Nothing has picked up on Fiverr for me. August was horrendous and September hasn’t exactly got off to a flying start. Also, I’ve noticed that every time I make a sale, the gig I sold disappears from the search and starts dropping in impressions etc.

The above could be coincidence but to test it, anyone who requests a custom offer this month is getting it put on a new gig with tons of impressions building. If those impressions then start dropping, I’ll know that Fiverr really is nuts.

Anyway, I’m done with it. I’ve got 3 clients off Fiverr whom I’ve committed to long running projects with. My focus now is to keep on building clients free of any marketplace by moving them all over to Linkedin.

Of course, I will not be running away from Fiverr. I’m not stressing about it anymore, though. It’s just a case of when something stops working, the worst thing you can do is just sit looking at it.

I wish I could be as positive as you at times.I gotta focus on building an off-site customer base too. Got any tips?

I’ve noticed that every time I make a sale, the gig I sold disappears from the search and starts dropping in impressions etc.

I noticed this too in May, June and July. I got great sales in August.

Things have slowed down a lot at the start of this month.

The cards are pretty must stacked against the seller. For example

1. If you do a mutual cancellation it will hurt your ranking. CS says that isn’t the case, but every time I do a mutual cancellation sales drop off.

2. Even when you cancel, the buyer still gets to rate you. This rating goes to CS only so the seller never see it. Lets say someone orders your gig by mistake. It upsets you a bit and you tell the client that they need to be more careful but you agree to do the mutual cancellation. If your lecture upset the buyer even slightly , it doesn’t take rocket science to know that when they are done rating you, they’ll make it
    seem that the mutual agreement was the seller’s fault (bad description, poor communication, etc).

Because of #2 above, the game has changed. Now I even try to avoid mutual cancellations. I usually have to bite my tongue and go with the flow but Fiverr has pretty much put sellers in a position of accepting any or all clients no matter how poorly of a buyer they are.

Archived