Fiverr Community Forum

Couple of Complaints

Firstly, I managed to complete 20 orders a day (about 35 gigs) steadily for around 2 weeks. No easy feat since that is around 14+ hours of work. Now, instead or rising to the top of the ‘highest rated’ for my category. I fell to 40th place. The lowest I have ever been is 10th. I ended up with no order for 4 days. I know that nobody above me is delivering more than 5 or 6 gigs a day. (I asked them, coupled with watching their gig). It sucks as I rely on this, got very little negative feedback (4 for late delivery of work, and that is it. Nothing for quality) and yeah…blah. Seems like Fiverr is not liking me right now. I have paused my gig for a bit to see if that helps, and complete a ton and then come back.

Secondly, someone threatened me earlier, now, they want ‘extra articles’ or well, an extra paragraph added to each article I sent (12 of them in all). So I said no, as they didn’t ask for it to start with (it isn’t much work, but it is 4 months after delivering). They then said, ‘If I don’t get these, I will get fiverr to give me a refund on the articles and leave negative feedback all over your gig’. So I got in touch with customer support to let them know. They said they won’t give a refund if I don’t do them HOWEVER it is advised that I add the content the customer wishes for ‘in the name of professionalism’ and they will not do anything if he leaves negative feedback as a result of not doing so…I mean seriously. Now I can be blackmailed by customers? SIGH

Finalllllllllllllly. I have had 4 cancellations for ‘lateness’. 40-50 cancellations from one guy as he released he didn’t need all of the gigs (mutual cancellation). Guess what? Told if I have too many more, I will lose my level :slight_smile:

Blah.

Not fun.

I completed the extra work for the person. However, I am not happy about it. Yes, it took no longer than 20 minutes, but still. It seems as though nobody cared about his threats to destroy my gig if I didn’t deliver it to him, which sucks! He hasn’t even said thank you.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

ryangillam said: 'in the name of professionalism'

Seriously? CS actually advised you to do this?

You’re already doing a lot of writing for five bucks, so it’s a real bummer to hear that you have a buyer demanding even more writing on top of what you’re contracting to do in your gig.

I think if it were me, I might just go ahead and let the buyer give the negative feedback rather than be blackmailed into doing more work, but I know that really is a hard choice because negative feedback can be a killer here on fiverr. And what’s to stop the person from blackmailing you again? (I guess you could cancel if the person ordered again?)

I think that some buyers expect way too much as far as content writing goes. It seems to go with the territory because people can always find someone who is willing to give a cheaper rate, either here or on other websites.

I wonder what would happen for you if you changed your gig and didn’t give the buyers quite so much writing for their five dollars. You clearly are doing quality work, and I bet you have a lot of repeat buyers who would keep coming back for more. I wonder if giving a little less now that you are so well established could help weed out some of the more demanding buyers. Plus, there’s always the option of gig extras for buyers who do need more/longer work and are willing to pay for it. It often seems like the people who pay the least are the ones who want (demand?) the most!

Just some thoughts. Admittedly, I’ve hesitated to do my own article writing gig because I haven’t wanted to get overrun with demands like you describe.

Mandy

itsyourthing said: Seriously? CS actually advised you to do this?

This is what they said:

Thank you for letting us know about this. Since the buyer didn't notify you about this part of their request before you started working on their request, we wouldn't have been able to cancel the order on the grounds of you not delivering it.
However, even though it's not a part of the buyer's original request, we advise you to still deliver it so that the buyer would remain satisfied with your professional service. :)

Reply to @vedmak: I have my favourite person too! Good old Max :smiley: always manages to sort things out for me, and as I normally place tickets late at night where I am, he is always the one to answer for me! (except in this case when I put the ticket in slightly earlier :()

Ahh we do love our mate Max :slight_smile:

Reply to @vedmak: CS is just one person with multiple personas. That would actually explain a lot.

I had my first negative feedback today from a buyer who hadn’t even contacted me after 8 days and the contact was negative feedback. It does suck but I suppose this is the nature of business.

But there are plenty of sellers who don’t have 100% that still manage to make loads of sales. They may be the minority, but just like any other review based system, some people don’t bother paying attention to, or simply don’t care about others’ opinions.

ryangillam said: 'in the name of professionalism'

Seriously? CS actually advised you to do this?

You’re already doing a lot of writing for five bucks, so it’s a real bummer to hear that you have a buyer demanding even more writing on top of what you’re contracting to do in your gig.

I think if it were me, I might just go ahead and let the buyer give the negative feedback rather than be blackmailed into doing more work, but I know that really is a hard choice because negative feedback can be a killer here on fiverr. And what’s to stop the person from blackmailing you again? (I guess you could cancel if the person ordered again?)

I think that some buyers expect way too much as far as content writing goes. It seems to go with the territory because people can always find someone who is willing to give a cheaper rate, either here or on other websites.

I wonder what would happen for you if you changed your gig and didn’t give the buyers quite so much writing for their five dollars. You clearly are doing quality work, and I bet you have a lot of repeat buyers who would keep coming back for more. I wonder if giving a little less now that you are so well established could help weed out some of the more demanding buyers. Plus, there’s always the option of gig extras for buyers who do need more/longer work and are willing to pay for it. It often seems like the people who pay the least are the ones who want (demand?) the most!

Just some thoughts. Admittedly, I’ve hesitated to do my own article writing gig because I haven’t wanted to get overrun with demands like you describe.

Mandy

itsyourthing said: Seriously? CS actually advised you to do this?

This is what they said:

Thank you for letting us know about this. Since the buyer didn't notify you about this part of their request before you started working on their request, we wouldn't have been able to cancel the order on the grounds of you not delivering it.
However, even though it's not a part of the buyer's original request, we advise you to still deliver it so that the buyer would remain satisfied with your professional service. :)