Coupon Codes

fonthaunt

I’m sure this has been suggested before, but I haven’t seen anything recent so I’m going to toss it out there. People so often complain on the forums about problems using free gig offers and free gig credits. Coupon codes would be an excellent solution to that alone.

The second thing that would be great for buyers, sellers and Fiverr is that if coupon codes were somehow available in other ways it could bring in more buyers and more revenue. Perhaps sellers could give away a certain number of codes per year after level 1 (to avoid people using them to get manipulated reviews before some proof of ability.)

If necessary, Fiverr could charge extra commission to the seller for gigs bought with coupons which would also help avoid abuse of the system. Another option would be to sell coupon codes to sellers but again keep it at a particular level and limit the number available in a set time period.

So, if available only by Fiverr as a start, buyers would be a lot happier with their freebies over the current messy credit system. That could be a test case to see how it worked. If also available to sellers down the road, I think everyone could benefit.

• 7 months later...

I agree, great suggestion! I’m a new seller and was searching the forum to find out how to create coupon codes, and I’m a bit disappointed to find out that this feature is not available on Fiverr. I think another solution might be to offer sellers the option to use coupon codes for free or discounted gig extras. That way, they still have to charge for the basic gig, but could offer free extras as a promotional thing.

I’m currently brainstorming how I can work around this to offer promotions to my customers.

Fiverr has the Fiverr anywhere feature now which allows you to submit discounted offers to your clients.

Check out one of @twistedwebs123 videos about Fiverr anywhere:

favicon.icoFiverr Forum http://forum.fiverr.com//images/default-apple-touch-icon.png

⏯ VIDEO TUTORIAL - Achieve Unlimited Upsells with Fiverr Anywhere

Hey guys! It's been quite some time since I've shared some tips (outside of Fiverrcast) , and Fiverr Anywhere has always been something I've been a massive advocate of. Fiverr Anywhere was original launched in October 2014, then relaunched in...

Reading time: 4 mins ? Likes: 36 ❤

Archived