Craigslist?

swalker90

You can advertise however and wherever you like. I post ads on CL in the appropriate categories from time to time, and people do visit my link more from CL than other classified sites like Backpage. Can’t say it has been successful or not. I use flyers too. But I don’t advertise my direct fiverr link often. I usually make landing pages for them.

trailerparkruss said: It would probably depend on what you were selling and what cities you advertised to as well. I'm doing it but don't know if it's done any good yet or not

It would probably work well for gigs that are locally delivered (such as posting flyers). Otherwise, you'd have to constantly post ads in various cities (and deal with them being constantly flagged or buried by other posts). That could be a huge waste of time and energy. I've considered trying it, but haven't made the move yet because there are so many other things that are so much more effective. If nothing else though, choosing a popular city to post in and setting up your ad properly might at least get you some short-term exposure higher up in the search engines for your target keywords. Could be worth it if looked at from that perspective...

newopp said: I thought about it the other day and someone was saying they had an ad on there and received only spam from it so I decided against it.

And yeah, I'd think you'd end up with a higher amount of spam and cancellations from any takers on CL. The quality of those who post and troll there has seriously decreased over the last decade. Most of the peeps who troll there tend to be scammers themselves...not the kind of potential buyers you want if you're trying to minimize cancellations (either due to insufficient funds or people unwilling to read your descriptions fully and play by the rules).

CL can be create for promoting some things, but not so much for national / international Web-based services these days.

• 3 years later...

Interesting! So this is such an old thread but I would just like to update this in my recent experience. It seems to be that CL does NOT allow Fiverr links in their classified posts. Ads with Fiverr links are auto-blocked. That being said, you can promote your services but only direct people to your fivver if they email you about the services that you are offering.
I live in Chicago so it makes for an interesting CL experience.

Archived