Create a Sales/Landing page for your gig *Part one*

twistedweb123

Now, before we go on, I know what you are thinking; “We are not allowed to sell away from Fiverr”, in some respects, this is true, but only if you are doing it incorrectly.

There is nothing wrong, infact it is applauded, in marketing yourself away from the Fiverr system, but ultimately bringing the transaction onto the platform.

Before I go into details, there are just a few rules to be Fiverr compliant:

1. Only process orders through the Fiverr system, do not place alternative purchase links (like PayPal).

1. Do not share any contact information onsite, your only point of contact should be your Fiverr contact page.

2. Do not “act as” Fiverr, or a representative – you are a freelancer using the platform for sales. You would be surprised how often I receive unsolicited emails from “Fiverr” pointing me to “their newest product”.

OK, so with that cleared up, now to the good stuff

Why do I need a sales page?

A sales page allows you to source your own traffic, increase your sales, create a web presence for your gig and have unlimited room and resources to promote and provoke your product and/or service.

What is a sales page?

A sales page is usually a one page website, with high impact graphics, a call to action sales letter and the primary function of driving custom and traffic to your featured product/service. These pages have been around for years and are the bread and butter of any successful marketer.

So, where do we start?

You may think you start by registering a domain name, buying server space and setting up your website – wrong. Why fork out on expenses before you even have your copy and content together? You start by working on said content – play around with your sales pitch and source/create the images you wish to use. The great thing about Fiverr, is that you already have a mini sales pitch for your gig’s description – take this and rework it.

Images, but I am not a designer…

There is no need to be a designer to have good images. Many sales pages outsource these images and gain the rights to use them onsite. The most important thing; is that these graphics are to the highest possible standard available – they are just as important as your copy.

Firstly, I recommend creating a product image for what you are selling, even if it is a service. By representing your gig as a product, it gives the virtual item a physical presence, allowing buyers to “picture” what they are buying. The best way to do this, is to create an ebook cover, product box, cd cover or any other graphic which best represents your gig. For example, if you are selling a video testimonial, why not create a product box? You can then have graphical representations to show the items within the package (such as HD recording, quality audio, script reading, yourself of course, and anything else that is applicable). There are numerous sellers on Fiverr who actually offer this kind of design.

Secondly, I recommend creating/sourcing those all impact call-to-action graphics. They should be high quality,high impact and above all – applicable. Do not just grab the first image you see from Google.

So now I have my images, what’s next?

Next is your sales page copy/text. You may not be a marketer, but you are already selling online, and writing a sales pitch on Fiverr – so don’t be scared to have confidence within your own writing skills. I recommend, to keep costs down, utilizing your current gig’s description and reworking it for a full sales page. If you are looking for a nudge in the right direction, Fiverr also has these services available.

I have my sales copy and high-impact graphics, how do I create a website?

Creating a website does not need to be complicated. But there are a few rules:

1. Do not create your site on a free platform, seeing “free links” all over your page (which are put there in return for the free hosting), makes your gig look very poor. Why would I buy a service from someone who can’t even afford to host their website? The sales copy should show your success, free hosting is not a sign of that.

2. To re-iterate, do not place any contact links, other than Fiverr, on your site.

1. When choosing your domain name, you want it to be short, catchy and relevant to your gig. ihaveanawesomegigtestimonialsforfivedollarsandyoushouldbuyit.com is terrible – it is not catchy, it is not memorable, nor is it easy to type or share. As a case study, if you do sell video testimonials, think along the lines of protestimonials.com

So where do I buy a domain name?

There are numerous places to buy a domain, with prices varying from $5-$15 (do not pay more). If you are looking for a .com, GoDaddy is one of the best choices. If you are looking for a .co.uk, try 123reg.co.uk.

I have a domain, how do I make a site?

To have your domain live, you need to “attach” it to a server. For this, you need something known as web hosting. You can learn more about web hosting here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_hosting_service

So now you have all your content, domain and hosting – you are ready to sell

Stay tuned for part two, where I will be discussing how to market your site, with insider tips for traffic and high conversions.

Archived