Creating a Fiver Partnership

diamondleopard

I am quite new to Fiverr although I have been working in the industry for quite a while. Since I am so new here I am just finding out what things are cool and allowed such as upselling and such and what things are not cool like asking for reviews or giving out contact info…

It’s a treacherous ocean, I am aware. So I think I will probably just ask the community before I do anything to keep on the right side of the rules. Now I have done my research and I did look for similar questions and I saw bits and bobs but I didn’t find a concrete answer that I wanted to so I thought I would ask the community.

So I have two questions really… I hope I am asking in the correct place.

1. I sell animated videos and so far have sold a couple of videos to other Fiverr sellers who now use my videos to promote their gigs and I think that’s pretty cool and they are getting loads of sales so I know the videos are working but my question is this… am I allowed to include like a signature or something on the video so that people who see it can come to my page and find me to create their own video… I think the answer will be dependant on the buyer and most probably won’t agree but I just thought I would ask if there would be a way to add like credits to a video?

2. I do not offer voice over services but customers do ask me if I can add a voice over to the videos that I create and I have been talking with another seller and he said that I could use him if a customer wanted to purchase a voice over so my second question is this. Is it ok for me to promote another seller’s gig and to make the process more streamlined for the customer as they would just click the voice over addon on my gig and then I would place an order with the voiceover artist that is promoted on my gig?

Does that make sense… is this allowed?

Both of these questions are asking about cross-promotion between sellers and what the restrictions or permissions are here. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am excited to hear your responses.

I just asked a similar question of CS - they said that, even though Fiverr isn’t on the “approved list”, you’re allowed to link from one Fiverr gig to another.

Although why you’d want to link to someone else is a bit of a question …

I think you mis-understood.

My first question asked if I could put a credit in the video content at the end or something for the videos I sell.

My second question asked If I could just place a voice over button on my page and when the customer paid me for the voice over. I would use that money to buy the voice over from another fiverr seller.

I think you mis-understood.

My first question asked if I could put a credit in the video content at the end or something for the videos I sell.

My second question asked If I could just place a voice over button on my page and when the customer paid me for the voice over. I would use that money to buy the voice over from another fiverr seller.

Oh. Well, no, probably - once you do the video and deliver it, it’s not yours any more.

If you want to add a title credit, you should ask the buyer if that’s ok. Some of them may not mind.

2nd question: you can buy gigs from other sellers. But bear in mind that they may not be as reliable as you are, so if they let you down it’s you that will be taking the hit …

I am quite new to Fiverr although I have been working in the industry for quite a while. Since I am so new here I am just finding out what things are cool and allowed such as upselling and such and what things are not cool like asking for reviews or giving out contact info…

It’s a treacherous ocean, I am aware. So I think I will probably just ask the community before I do anything to keep on the right side of the rules. Now I have done my research and I did look for similar questions and I saw bits and bobs but I didn’t find a concrete answer that I wanted to so I thought I would ask the community.

So I have two questions really… I hope I am asking in the correct place.

1. I sell animated videos and so far have sold a couple of videos to other Fiverr sellers who now use my videos to promote their gigs and I think that’s pretty cool and they are getting loads of sales so I know the videos are working but my question is this… am I allowed to include like a signature or something on the video so that people who see it can come to my page and find me to create their own video… I think the answer will be dependant on the buyer and most probably won’t agree but I just thought I would ask if there would be a way to add like credits to a video?

2. I do not offer voice over services but customers do ask me if I can add a voice over to the videos that I create and I have been talking with another seller and he said that I could use him if a customer wanted to purchase a voice over so my second question is this. Is it ok for me to promote another seller’s gig and to make the process more streamlined for the customer as they would just click the voice over addon on my gig and then I would place an order with the voiceover artist that is promoted on my gig?

Does that make sense… is this allowed?

Both of these questions are asking about cross-promotion between sellers and what the restrictions or permissions are here. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am excited to hear your responses.

I think the answer will be dependant on the buyer and most probably won’t agree but I just thought I would ask if there would be a way to add like credits to a video?

I don’t think buyers would like an ad for your services on their videos - I know I wouldn’t be happy about it. 😉

Because of this reason:

once you do the video and deliver it, it’s not yours any more.

I think the answer will be dependant on the buyer and most probably won’t agree but I just thought I would ask if there would be a way to add like credits to a video?

I don’t think buyers would like an ad for your services on their videos - I know I wouldn’t be happy about it. 😉

Because of this reason:

once you do the video and deliver it, it’s not yours any more.

Yea I think you are right, ok so the first question is a no… I agree that people wouldn’t want to have an advert on a video they purchased. It might be cool if fiverr had an attribution feature where when you clicked on a fiverr gig you can could click to see who did the music and who created the animation or edited the compilation or wrote the script etc…

OK but Fiverr is A-OK with me charging the customer for a voiceover addon and then purchasing the addon from another seller?

And yea I already thought about how this could cause me problems but I will only partner up with reliable voice over artists.

Yea I think you are right, ok so the first question is a no… I agree that people wouldn’t want to have an advert on a video they purchased. It might be cool if fiverr had an attribution feature where when you clicked on a fiverr gig you can could click to see who did the music and who created the animation or edited the compilation or wrote the script etc…

OK but Fiverr is A-OK with me charging the customer for a voiceover addon and then purchasing the addon from another seller?

And yea I already thought about how this could cause me problems but I will only partner up with reliable voice over artists.

Yes, you can do that - just be sure to factor in the VO seller’s delivery time, possible delays etc. and the admin fee of course. 🙂

If they are using the videos to drive sales, they are using them for more than personal use. You should offer a gig extra for them to gain a license to use the video for advertisement, and advise them that if they do not opt for this extra you will add a watermark showing that you are the one who created the video.

Yes, you can do that - just be sure to factor in the VO seller’s delivery time, possible delays etc. and the admin fee of course. 🙂

Sweet, Yep I shall make sure I have all my numbers correct and set the customers expectations in terms of delivery times. OK Cool. Thanks Peeps.

If they are using the videos to drive sales, they are using them for more than personal use. You should offer a gig extra for them to gain a license to use the video for advertisement, and advise them that if they do not opt for this extra you will add a watermark showing that you are the one who created the video.

I think this is a great idea for when I have built up a reputation. I am currently offering my services incredibly cheap because I want to build up my seller level so I think once I am established I will definitely look into this but how do you police this? What if they say it is for personal use and don’t pay the commercial use fee but then they use if for commercial use? What can you actually do at that point?

I think this is a great idea for when I have built up a reputation. I am currently offering my services incredibly cheap because I want to build up my seller level so I think once I am established I will definitely look into this but how do you police this? What if they say it is for personal use and don’t pay the commercial use fee but then they use if for commercial use? What can you actually do at that point?

You should look into DMCA Protection for your videos if this is a concern. With Fiverr’s limited contact access it may be harder to protect the rights to your intellectual property though, as sending take-down notices could be marked as spam and hurt you in the long run.

Almost every person who provides a professional creative service on Fiverr has a gig extra when it comes to commercial licensing though, and not much problem at getting people to purchase the extra.

You should look into DMCA Protection for your videos if this is a concern. With Fiverr’s limited contact access it may be harder to protect the rights to your intellectual property though, as sending take-down notices could be marked as spam and hurt you in the long run.

Almost every person who provides a professional creative service on Fiverr has a gig extra when it comes to commercial licensing though, and not much problem at getting people to purchase the extra.

Ah I see, OK that is good to know!

Archived