Curious about earning potential considering $5 price

web_living

I just learned about fiverr from a friend. I believe that it might be a good online marketplace to sell my resume editing services. However, I’m wondering how sellers ever make any significant income charging only $5. The Terms of Service page states the following:

“Fiverr is all about helping sellers leverage their skills. We seek to empower top performing sellers with helpful tools to grow their business, turning Fiverr to their main source of income.” Can any experienced – preferably higher level – sellers comment on how realistic it is to hope that fiverr can become a significant source of income? I would especially appreciate answers other than the obvious, “It depends how hard you want to work” and similar replies.

When you progress through levels you can charge more through gig extra’s, I have noticed Top Rated Sellers can charge $100 for a gig extra!

Also, a lot of people say you need to buy this gig more than once and etc.

a fiverr seems a little, but it all adds up! Someone had a post not so long ago of their biggest sale yet, $300 in one sale

I think its all relative, like how can you make money at an 8 buck an hours job or 30 an hour when they take 500 a wekk out of your check. I doubt highly a person can support themselves on fivver unless they live in the woods and go to the nearest Starbucks to use their wifi. That way you can make 30 bucks a day selling 8 gigs, minus the one buck Fiverr takes. It just doesnt add up economically. So, maybe if you get gigs that have some serious extras your going to be in the pool of the masses. this who have adapted and made it on Fiverr have something figured out or alot of friends etc helping them. I am a levell two Fiverr dude but probably make an extra 400 bucks a month…Not enough to live on especially when it takes at least 50 bucks a day to live, even in a motel hotel…Food for well…ya know…

Take a look at this infographic from Fiverr: http://fiverr.com/financial-freedom

I am one of the sellers who works on Fiverr full time, and earn enough to cover rent, bills, my newborn and still have extra cash - there is definitely earning potential there.

$5 does indeed add up, but extras and multiple orders are a great way to earn more. If you basic $5 gig takes you 15 minutes, you can complete 4 an hour,earning $16 (after commission), which is higher than a lot of countries minimum wage

Archived