Fiverr Forum

Currency issue in creating a gig

Hi all - quick question, when I’m setting up a gig I can set the currency at the bottom of the page (below the footer) but it doesn’t seem to affect the currency within the actual gig - it’s still showing as USD… So I’m unsure how to price - for example if I want to charge £5, should I put $5 and assume it’s a visual bug but does know I’m set to £, or should I adjust pricing to reflect the exchange rate?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

When creating your gig you have to enter it in dollar amounts. It also only lets you select the amount a listbox that shows the values in 5 dollar increments I think. So there’s no way to specify an amount which would equal the GBP amount when creating the gig unfortunately.

You could create a support ticket and suggest it though (suggest they allow GBP values to be entered for gig prices as well as to allow dollar amounts that aren’t 5 dollar multiples - eg. so that you could enter $6.48, the approx current dollar equivalent of £5.00).

You could use a currency converter (eg. google) to convert the amount you want to charge in GBP to USD. But when you enter it in USD in the gig price/package price it has to be in 5 dollar increments). Though you can send offers in 1 dollar increments (as long as it’s not below $5).

if I want to charge £5, should I put $5 and assume it’s a visual bug but does know I’m set to £, or should I adjust pricing to reflect the exchange rate?

The latter - adjust the pricing to reflect the exchange rate. But you can only enter in 5 usd increments.

Thanks for your reply and assistance, much appreciated! Hope you have a great weekend!