Custom buyer request with high budget and then didn't place order

Hello,

These days i am receiving orders not frequently but like 2 orders in a week. These order were low budget. Yesterday, 2 people contacted me with custom buyer request and in their request they mentioned a little high budget. So i was happy. I discussed their task and that was simple one but budget was a bit more for that task. He asked me to send offer. Although they mentioned the budget in request, i still questioned “what is your purposed budget for this work, you mentioned $… in request.” He just said OK. I send him the offer but he didn’t accepted that. I think he realize that he budget is high. But then why he contacted me by quoting it? Or if he thought it was high he can negotiate it. Because i was discussing with him.

Similar happened again. After this request, i received another one and he did the same. I was little disappointed. Should i gave them my price rather than asking?

Hello,

These days i am receiving orders not frequently but like 2 orders in a week. These order were low budget. Yesterday, 2 people contacted me with custom buyer request and in their request they mentioned a little high budget. So i was happy. I discussed their task and that was simple one but budget was a bit more for that task. He asked me to send offer. Although they mentioned the budget in request, i still questioned “what is your purposed budget for this work, you mentioned $… in request.” He just said OK. I send him the offer but he didn’t accepted that. I think he realize that he budget is high. But then why he contacted me by quoting it? Or if he thought it was high he can negotiate it. Because i was discussing with him.

Similar happened again. After this request, i received another one and he did the same. I was little disappointed. Should i gave them my price rather than asking?

But then why he contacted me by quoting it? Or if he thought it was high he can negotiate it.

Why he has to negotiate with you? A lot of countries doesn’t have a culture of bargaining and it’s totally unacceptable there.

Don’t you have your own pricing in place? Why you had to send him a higher price than it is in reality?

That was just you trying to be sneaky.

Even if clients come to me with Higher budgets I give them the same price as on my gigs even if it’s lower than their budget.

• 8 months later...

Please can someone help? I am new on fiverr and had the same problem before actually knowing how high I can ask for…(knowing that I get more in a real life gig than on fiverr, just covid happening…) Why do I see a Budget in a custom order request, if it is not the actual budget of what the buyer is willing to pay? How does it work, is that an automatically generated number?

Please can someone help? I am new on fiverr and had the same problem before actually knowing how high I can ask for…(knowing that I get more in a real life gig than on fiverr, just covid happening…) Why do I see a Budget in a custom order request, if it is not the actual budget of what the buyer is willing to pay? How does it work, is that an automatically generated number?

The budget in a buyer request is the amount that a buyer manually set because that’s how much they’re willing to pay. However, sometimes buyers leave little notes in their requests that say “ignore the budget”.

When you’re leaving an offer, leave the price that you’re willing to work for. Just because their budget is lower than what you normally charge, that doesn’t mean that you have to lower your prices too.

If a buyer tries to undercharge you, don’t work with them or try negotiating! I hope this helps!

Archived