Fiverr Forum

Custom Notification Sound

I was just thinking about this yesterday! How you could upload a custom sound to be played at a specific event, lol.

New order,
New message/notification,
New 5.0 review,
New < 4.8 review,
Modification request,
Etc.

Would only make events more noticeable to hear, but also more fun! :sweat_smile: I have lots of silly ideas for sounds!

2 Likes

same problem bro i want a solution this aswell

Now it’s possible to use custom sound :sweat_smile:

It is? I just went to check as I’d love that (I actually disabled the sound because it’s just short of giving me a heart attack :wink: ) but the notification setting looks the same as it did before to me. Do you have a screenshot of where you can choose custom sound?

1 Like

The pushbullet method still works by the way.

I’m on iOS and there’s no option to customize sounds.

1 Like

I don’t want a cha-ching though but a bit of a song, like I have for all my phone alarms, so I can keep sleeping :wink: does that work with your method? If yes, I might expend the energy to find out how to do it but not for anything less than a song :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use and check my phone a lot so I don’t need a chime to respond quickly, but I do have the sound notification on at my computer because I have so many tabs open, plus I don’t always see notification windows, so I need an alert.

I recently added an IFTTT applet that blinks my Philips hue light when a message comes.

So it’s a great visual cue when I am in the zone or when the music is loud in my studio.

2 Likes

Oh, now that’s interesting, I got some Hue bulbs and a bridge just recently.

2 Likes

You can set up a different color for messages, orders and reviews. Now if I could set it up to blink an orange color when a revision is requested that would be rad!

1 Like

Oh, thanks so much for mentioning the IFTTT / Hue connection, I just activated “If it begins to rain then change the light colors to blue”. So awesome. :smiley:

LOL There’s also an applet “I will design 2 LOGO versions in 12 hours with unlimited revisions”, seems to be by someone who doesn’t frequent the forum :wink:
correction: there are several applets of the same and slightly different wording by the same person, guess spam arrived in the applet world too …

1 Like