Fiverr Forum

Customer asked for a Dog Sweater instead of a purse

EDIT: Now a gig here: http://fiverr.com/crcanny/make-a-small-dog-sweater-for-your-furbaby

… so I made them one! (It’s practically the same thing anyway.) Excuse the stuffed animal model, I didn’t have a Chihuahua handy. :wink: Now I’m wondering if I should make a dog sweater gig, but I’ll only make it for little dogs and that’s how you sometimes get into trouble with people wanting more than you’ll do. Hmmm. – http://fiverr.com/crcanny/make-you-this-cute-wristlet

Reply to @seatbelt99: Thank you! I’d have to work on a pattern and have the owner take measurements, which might cause all sorts of communication issues. I can made an adjustable waist pattern, but it can’t be too tight around the neck. I’d hate to strangle poor Fido. :wink:

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Hey, I give the customer what they want! (Up to a point, lol.) Thank you. :smiley:

You should do a gig like this! You could do larger dogs as a ‘gig extra’ if you had a way to size it out. I don’t know anything about making dog clothes but I bet it would be popular.

I may even order one for my English Bulldog. He gets cold in these Michigan winters. :slight_smile:

Reply to @ryangillam: Awww, thank you so much. :slight_smile: I had such a blast making it! I was laughing so hard putting it on the stuffed animal. It almost makes you want a little dog.

(PS: Hang in there, I send you all the writing vibes and hot virtual tea.)

That is INCREDIBLY cute!

I think you should make a dog sweater gig. That dog sweater you made was gorgeous! :slight_smile:

If you are only willing to make them for a small dog because it would be too much trouble for you to make larger ones, then just make it super clear in your title and description that your gig is only for small dogs such as chihuahuas.

But I think you should at least consider making 3 sizes, maybe not right away, but later on if you feel comfortable with it. It would make a great opportunity to use gig extras and make more money! You could offer a small dog sweater for the base price, medium extra $10, and large extra $20. :stuck_out_tongue:

Reply to @prohelper27: I’m just afraid I’ll end up going through what you went through … people ordering without reading. Or worse, ignoring it and saying 'Oh, you can do it, right?'

I really don’t want to go through those cancellation dances, but then again, maybe I’ll take a chance.

And thank you, it’s very good advice and your compliment makes me grin. :smiley:

Reply to @crcanny: I think there is potential for that to happen with any gig. It shouldn’t hold you back from trying.

After I put what I would NOT do at the very beginning of my gig description, I haven’t had anymore of those horrible orders.

So, if it starts happening to you, you’ll just have to figure something out to control it.

It’s worth a shot! It’s a really good gig idea, and I am sure you’ll make a lot of sales! Your work is very good quality.

Well, I did it. Made a Dog Sweater Gig for little dogs.

http://fiverr.com/crcanny/make-a-small-dog-sweater-for-your-furbaby

thanks for the feedback, guys!

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Ooooh, thank you! :smiley: