Customer Contacted Me Before I Leveled Up

teerika

Hi. A customer contacted me asking me about my gig on the same day that I leveled up. I hadn’t updated my levels yet because I woke up to the notifications for both the message and the level increase. I answered their question and then set up my new LEVEL! yay!

Now the customer is back and wanting to buy my gig, asking more questions in my inbox. I really like their idea and think it would be fun to work on. I answered the questions and mentioned the increased level and fees but I feel kind of bad that the price they saw when they first contacted me has changed. What they would have only paid $5 for, I now charge $25 and they even requested that I do a video for them with my response so that is additional.

How would you handle this situation in order to provide excellent customer service?

I have decided to follow the set price I have right now. I am known for over delivering for low prices because what I do is so easy to me but this is a business service that is valuable and most can not handle on their own. I need to start thinking of myself more instead of putting others before me all of the time.

I just wanted to see how others would handle it. You guys are in this with me so only you would understand.

I wouldn’t charge $25 if I were you, because the customer contacted you before you changed the price. So I think going with the older price would be the best decision. Customer care comes before anything else when doing this.

Also I don’t see a Level 1 one badge next to your name

I made a custom “anything” gig when I hit level 1 and used the $5 option on it for any buyers I had been corresponding with prior to price change. For me it was the right thing to do. Some actually re-bought the gig as a tip (I didn’t have a tip gig yet) to thank me and continued to buy later at higher prices so I’m glad I made that choice.

I will see what they say about the increase in fee. They are asking for a lot of work including things not listed on my gig. They offered to pay double or triple to satisfy me. I don’t think this is asking too much for what they want. I will make sure they are happy in the end- as always.

I enjoy doing this so much! Not the money haggling part- the actual gig part! lol Thanks everyone for chiming in. I see I’m not the only softie.

Archived