Fiverr Forum

Customer gave negative review for no reason :(

So i have been working very hard to up my rating and sales, and i was doing so well, i got this customer i communicated well with him and i was polite, i completed his 600 word article 5 hours ahead of time with 30 words over the 600 word limit, and the article had perfect grammar and punctuation and was 100% unique but customer didn’t even ask for revision or say anything about why he was unsatisfied with the article before giving a negative review on my gig :frowning: what should i do? i was polite with him i told him he should have asked me to revise the article if he was not satisfied and even offered him a free 300 word article :frowning: what should i do it has really hit my gig rating hard

Does giving a refund remove the negative rating?

It looks like you got it sorted because there’s no negative feedback there.

There’s some debate over whether refunds remove the negative ratings though. I’ve found as long as the buyer accepts the mutual cancellation within the 2-day time frame, the negative is removed.

yea thanks the customer actually removed it after i gave him a refund but my sales stopped right there i wonder why :frowning: i was on a roll

azoya186 said:
  • yea thanks the customer actually removed it after i gave him a refund but my sales stopped right there i wonder why :( i was on a roll

When you get a negative review, even if it is removed, you drop down the search results ever so slightly. Also the fact that one of the feedbacks relates to you having to do three drafts before you got it right may not help sales at all.

Reply to @ryangillam: Yea the customer wanted more keyword added to that article he wouldn’t accept it and was very difficult to satisfy, i don’t consider it that big of a deal i would rather refund a customer than have an unhappy customer.

@ryangillam: You do? That’s news to me. It seems like I learn something new all the time regarding Fiverr. How long does it take to go back up in the search results? Does it ever? :confused: