Fiverr Community Forum

Customer Is Trying to Weasel More Work Out of Me {CS helped}

Give them a reason to WANT to cancel.

Reply to @infinityplusone: Good on you, girl! Every buyer who has ever been scammed is cheering you on.

Sellers, if a buyer is asking for something, it’s exactly that: a request. If they could do it themselves, they wouldn’t need to hire a stranger on the internet for help.

You are always in control of your services and what you would like to be paid for them. If a buyer asks for something that isn’t part of the original gig, you have 2 choices: Politely indicate that the request wasn’t part of the deal, or advise that you can accommodate their request but for an additional fee. It’s that easy.

You can also make it clear up front that a buyer gets a set number of revisions for free and more for an addtl. fee. Whatever it is you do or don’t want to do, just create your menu of options in your gig. You can send a revised order fee during the process.

Either accommodate for an addtl. fee, or politely decline. You are in control of your fees, services, and communication style.

Reply to @saraatmcad: I say specifically in my gig that this is not for the release, as well. I have learned to be very specific about what I do or don’t do. He wanted me to do what I said would specifically cost extra.