Customer Literally Disappeared and fear bad ratings

sneh999

Hi guys! So a buyer booked an online tutorial for college maths with me. I delivered the service partly via ■■■■■. The buyer mentions they want me to show them how to do linear regression manually which takes times about 30mins because I made a mistake which I will take responsibility for. However, due to some network issues my ■■■■■ died during the session and upon calling back the buyer they literally disappear. It’s 12 midnight and I’ve called and texted her on here as well as ■■■■■ with no response yet. The order is to be delivered within 24 hours. I don’t know what to do because she can’t be reached. Should I cancel, speak to CS and/or any other suggestions are welcome. I’m afraid this will negatively affect my rating and I’m just starting out which makes it all the more painful.

I might be wrong but… did you called her outside Fiverr? I don’t think that’s allowed , also never deliver partial work because you might get in trouble with support… I also had a look at your profile and saw your main gig , I might be wrong again but Fiverr might think that you offer academic services and as far as I know that’s not allowed anymore .

I might be wrong but… did you called her outside Fiverr? I don’t think that’s allowed , also never deliver partial work because you might get in trouble with support… I also had a look at your profile and saw your main gig , I might be wrong again but Fiverr might think that you offer academic services and as far as I know that’s not allowed anymore .

I offer tutoring and as far as I’m aware that’s allowed. I’m not allowed to do work for someone which is why I tutor them and not do the work for them. Also, I understand the need to deliver the complete work but the network issues is something I could not control. I literally called her back in 2 mins and she’s disappeared. No calls picked and no answer to any of my messages on Fiverr.

Helping with homeworks and assignments is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Your gig is likely to be removed at any time.

If you type “homework gig denied” or “assignment gig denied” in the search bar above there are several posts on the subject.

I was in fact made aware of this the last time I posted on the ‘Improve my gig’ section and deleted my assignment help gig. The service I offer is tutoring the client which is different from doing work for them.

In this situation what can I do? I’m afraid cancelling will mess with my ratings but at the same time I cannot accept her money because I didn’t deliver full work.

I offer tutoring and as far as I’m aware that’s allowed. I’m not allowed to do work for someone which is why I tutor them and not do the work for them. Also, I understand the need to deliver the complete work but the network issues is something I could not control. I literally called her back in 2 mins and she’s disappeared. No calls picked and no answer to any of my messages on Fiverr.

I literally called her back in 2 mins and she’s disappeared. No calls picked and no answer to any of my messages on Fiverr.

If I’m not wrong. Did you really contact with buyer outside fiverr ? You mention keyword “No call pickup” you are not allowed to do that its against fiverr TOS.

I literally called her back in 2 mins and she’s disappeared. No calls picked and no answer to any of my messages on Fiverr.

If I’m not wrong. Did you really contact with buyer outside fiverr ? You mention keyword “No call pickup” you are not allowed to do that its against fiverr TOS.

I did not know that was against Fiverr’s ToS but how else can I tutor a person is my question? Any suggestions as to how one can go about this?

I did not know that was against Fiverr’s ToS but how else can I tutor a person is my question? Any suggestions as to how one can go about this?

As far as I know, calling and or texting outside of fiverr if necessary can be done only to help complete the order. My advise for you, whenever you ask for contacts, always say “I do not accept payments off of fiverr for any reason, I am only asking for your number in order to help complete this job”. But again, always try your best to avoid contacting outside of fiverr.

As far as I know, calling and or texting outside of fiverr if necessary can be done only to help complete the order. My advise for you, whenever you ask for contacts, always say “I do not accept payments off of fiverr for any reason, I am only asking for your number in order to help complete this job”. But again, always try your best to avoid contacting outside of fiverr.

You’re absolutely right contact out of Fiverr should be avoided but in order for me to offer a tutoring session I need to be able to use an online platform such as ■■■■■ to be able to converse live with the tutee. Any suggestions as to what I can do in my case? Plesse note I called her on ■■■■■ as this is where I was tutoring her.

You’re absolutely right contact out of Fiverr should be avoided but in order for me to offer a tutoring session I need to be able to use an online platform such as ■■■■■ to be able to converse live with the tutee. Any suggestions as to what I can do in my case? Plesse note I called her on ■■■■■ as this is where I was tutoring her.

I suggest you to edit your Gig’s description, mention that sometimes you may require a video chat or whatever, but mention that you also never accept payments outside of fiverr and the video chat sessions are only to help complete orders. Make it very clear in your gig’s description.

Paste this as well:

Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

I suggest you to edit your Gig’s description, mention that sometimes you may require a video chat or whatever, but mention that you also never accept payments outside of fiverr and the video chat sessions are only to help complete orders. Make it very clear in your gig’s description.

Paste this as well:

Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

Thanks very much for this! I’ll definitely edit my gig soon to include this and I’ll alsp mention that due to the nature of tutoring I’ll need to use an online platform to do a voice chat which is what I usually use as many people aren’t comfortable using video chat. I saw one suggestion on another thread where some was asked to speak to CS and get permission from them. I wonder if that is necessary. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks very much for this! I’ll definitely edit my gig soon to include this and I’ll alsp mention that due to the nature of tutoring I’ll need to use an online platform to do a voice chat which is what I usually use as many people aren’t comfortable using video chat. I saw one suggestion on another thread where some was asked to speak to CS and get permission from them. I wonder if that is necessary. Any thoughts on this?

Contact them, get their advice. My advice was based on a past experience in which I contacted them and they helped me. You can never imagine how much help I got from CS whenever I contacted them.

Contact them, get their advice. My advice was based on a past experience in which I contacted them and they helped me. You can never imagine how much help I got from CS whenever I contacted them.

I’ll contact them. I’m just afraid they’ll not pay me my dues or delete my gig when it’s genuine.

I was in fact made aware of this the last time I posted on the ‘Improve my gig’ section and deleted my assignment help gig. The service I offer is tutoring the client which is different from doing work for them.

In this situation what can I do? I’m afraid cancelling will mess with my ratings but at the same time I cannot accept her money because I didn’t deliver full work.

Well as far as I have understood, you have partially done the work, and you are left with little time,

so if you deliver partially and your time’s up, that’s gonna hurt. If you cancel (if don’t know if we can cancel the order as sellers, can we? ANY ONE, plz guide me) that’s gonna hurt too.

so you are in a bad situation, and I don’t think contacting CS is gonna help.

Well as far as I have understood, you have partially done the work, and you are left with little time,

so if you deliver partially and your time’s up, that’s gonna hurt. If you cancel (if don’t know if we can cancel the order as sellers, can we? ANY ONE, plz guide me) that’s gonna hurt too.

I think Cancel and Refund is the best option available.

Yes exactly! This is why I’m so stuck about how I can approach this situation. Do you have any suggestions?

I’ll contact them. I’m just afraid they’ll not pay me my dues or delete my gig when it’s genuine.

or delete my gig when it’s genuine.

Unfortunately, it is not you but Fiverr that gets to decide if a gig is genuine or not. If Fiverr decides that you were contacting buyers off of Fiverr without taking prior permission from them, they could definitely delete your gig.

Of course! It makes perfect sense for a tutoring gig to require that you contact your buyers off of Fiverr, in order to complete the order. However, whenever you create such a gig, you’re supposed to contact CS and take prior permission from them (to contact your buyers off of Fiverr) BEFORE you start working on orders of that gig.

If you didn’t take prior permissions from Fiverr, it is probably only a matter of time before they notice your gig and decide to unplug it. My suggestion would be to first take Fiverr’s permission to contact buyers off of Fiverr for your tutoring gig. You still have time. Better late than never!

I think this is a much more serious issue than the one you are facing with your buyer right now.

I’m just afraid they’ll not pay me my dues or delete my gig when it’s genuine.

This comment ⬆️ makes me think that you are just trying to hide from CS — as you continue to sell your gigs and violate the ToS for as long as you possibly can, without being detected.

I am sorry, but this is a horrible mindset to have. It is ALWAYS better to be upfront with Fiverr. Sure! It is possible that they might delete your gig. But then, you would at least know what the issue was with your previous gig. You could then design a better gig and take Fiverr’s prior permission (if required to contact someone off of Fiverr) and sell your gig without a worry in your mind.

This ⬆️ is a much better option than trying to be sneaky and going unnoticed for as long as you possibly can, only to have this constant worry at the back of your mind that one day Fiverr might notice your gig and delete it!

I did not know that was against Fiverr’s ToS

I would suggest that you thoroughly read the ToS from top to bottom. Even if you have already read it before, it doesn’t hurt to read it again. If you are not aware of the ToS, you’re inadvertently putting your account in grave danger of being suspended/banned. I am sure you wouldn’t want that to happen to your account. 😃

but how else can I tutor a person is my question?

When you have such doubts, you’re supposed to contact CS and get a clarification from them. You cannot just make your own decisions and hope that Fiverr is A-OK with them. :roll_eyes:

Why should you pick me as your tutor?

• A personalized 60 minute one-on-one lesson.

• Homework and assignment help. Basic tutor package (copied from your gig description)

Personalised one-on-one lesson with examples, exam prep and homework help (copied from your order details)

I made my previous post because of the above.

Suggest you ask Customer Support if the above is fine with them and also ask for permission to tutor using off Fiverr contact.

or delete my gig when it’s genuine.

Unfortunately, it is not you but Fiverr that gets to decide if a gig is genuine or not. If Fiverr decides that you were contacting buyers off of Fiverr without taking prior permission from them, they could definitely delete your gig.

Of course! It makes perfect sense for a tutoring gig to require that you contact your buyers off of Fiverr, in order to complete the order. However, whenever you create such a gig, you’re supposed to contact CS and take prior permission from them (to contact your buyers off of Fiverr) BEFORE you start working on orders of that gig.

If you didn’t take prior permissions from Fiverr, it is probably only a matter of time before they notice your gig and decide to unplug it. My suggestion would be to first take Fiverr’s permission to contact buyers off of Fiverr for your tutoring gig. You still have time. Better late than never!

I think this is a much more serious issue than the one you are facing with your buyer right now.

I’m just afraid they’ll not pay me my dues or delete my gig when it’s genuine.

This comment ⬆️ makes me think that you are just trying to hide from CS — as you continue to sell your gigs and violate the ToS for as long as you possibly can, without being detected.

I am sorry, but this is a horrible mindset to have. It is ALWAYS better to be upfront with Fiverr. Sure! It is possible that they might delete your gig. But then, you would at least know what the issue was with your previous gig. You could then design a better gig and take Fiverr’s prior permission (if required to contact someone off of Fiverr) and sell your gig without a worry in your mind.

This ⬆️ is a much better option than trying to be sneaky and going unnoticed for as long as you possibly can, only to have this constant worry at the back of your mind that one day Fiverr might notice your gig and delete it!

I did not know that was against Fiverr’s ToS

I would suggest that you thoroughly read the ToS from top to bottom. Even if you have already read it before, it doesn’t hurt to read it again. If you are not aware of the ToS, you’re inadvertently putting your account in grave danger of being suspended/banned. I am sure you wouldn’t want that to happen to your account. 😃

but how else can I tutor a person is my question?

When you have such doubts, you’re supposed to contact CS and get a clarification from them. You cannot just make your own decisions and hope that Fiverr is A-OK with them. :roll_eyes:

I definitely agree the way forward is to own up to it and ask Fiverr for permission and ask them to allow me to change my gig description and convince them to allow me to use outside Fiverr contact.

I mentioned being afraid of the consequences and did not say I was going to sneak around. Negligence is never an excuse to defend oneself but I am definitely going to try to make a case for my services on Fiverr. The point I was trying to make is the consequences can be scary on your ratings, gigs and the money you are yet to receive from Fiverr. Those are a lot of hours put into delivering a good service.

I am not going to sit back and pretend I’m not aware of contacting you. I am going to do the right thing as I already told someone earlier who suggested contacting CS for permission but I am also expressing that I am afraid.

Thank you for your feedback and I definitely agree with you. How would you approach this matter with CS if you were in my shoes? I’m trying to at least protect myself from losing all my earnings that I have worked really hard for. I am willing to make changes to my gig after discovering the information I did today.

Why should you pick me as your tutor?

• A personalized 60 minute one-on-one lesson.

• Homework and assignment help. Basic tutor package (copied from your gig description)

Personalised one-on-one lesson with examples, exam prep and homework help (copied from your order details)

I made my previous post because of the above.

Suggest you ask Customer Support if the above is fine with them and also ask for permission to tutor using off Fiverr contact.

Thanks for your response. I am actually working on how I can approach CS with this issue given one I was unaware and two I want to be able to make a case for allowing me to continue obviously with changes to my gig and gig description.

Archived