Customer Requests over 10 revisions

ericakoselke

In my original gig, I show up to 5 revisions. The customer has now requested over 10 revisions, with only 1 additional payout because they added some details. They will NOT accept the job even though they’ve received the files several several times. Just when I think it’ll hit the 3 day mark of being completed automatically without them selecting “Accept”, they come back with some other excuse to need or want something more.

How do I get out of this situation?!?! I am literally getting depressed because now my account shows 44% completion rate because the job is over a month late. Every time he wants something changed, it puts the job back to “Late”. I’ve tried asking him to order another gig so we can close the original one out and he won’t. I’m so upset that it makes me never want to use Fiverr again. I’ve tried asking him to extend the gig so my rate isn’t so low but he doesn’t understand and refuses.

And asking for help from Seller Support is a joke. I might as well talk to a wall. Someone suggest something I haven’t thought of yet? The job is hundreds of dollars so I don’t want to let this one go.

-Erica

When I look at your current gig (“I will draft your structural steel or rebar jobs in cad”) it shows unlimited revisions on all 3 packages. I’d change that so it’s less, especially if you’re having people ask for too many revisions. Assuming that’s the gig you’re talking about. But it’s probably not good to put unlimited free revisions on any gig.

But if they have asked for more revisions than your gig offered you could let them know (I’m not sure if you can re-deliver the same thing if they’ve asked for many more revisions than you offered. If you can you could do that. Though it could be worth checking first with CS if that’s okay.).

Contacting CS is a good option. If you have already, what did they say about this situation?

But if it’s worth hundreds of $ if might be worth just continuing anyway or another option is requesting to cancel but that would affect your stats (unless CS made it not do).

You could just say that you can only revise it if they pay the required fee for the extra but that’s up to you (probably be careful how you word it, maybe just offer an exrtra on the order and say you can only do the revision if they accept that extra). If they were simple changes and it’s an expensive order I’d probably just continue anyway and do a few more revisions. It’s up to you though.

Also I don’t think this job has currently affected completion rate as it’s in progress. I thought completion rate only counted complete vs cancelled orders and this order is neither of those yet.

The last time I asked CS for help, they told me to talk to the customer - which is what I explained, that I had already tried to talk to the customer. So I had to take a loss on that job. I’ve only had 1 cancelled job out of 20 and maybe 2 or 3 that were turned in late due to this large job the customer keeps putting off. I just wish there was a way to make him accept it, it’s super depressing.

The last time I asked CS for help, they told me to talk to the customer - which is what I explained, that I had already tried to talk to the customer. So I had to take a loss on that job. I’ve only had 1 cancelled job out of 20 and maybe 2 or 3 that were turned in late due to this large job the customer keeps putting off. I just wish there was a way to make him accept it, it’s super depressing.

Though the completion rate calculation (run once a day I think) only counts the orders (eg. completed/cancelled) in the last 60 days, not all orders.

It still might be worth contacting CS about this situation as you may be given different advice/a different CS rep.

Though the completion rate calculation (run once a day I think) only counts the orders (eg. completed/cancelled) in the last 60 days, not all orders.

It still might be worth contacting CS about this situation as you may be given different advice/a different CS rep.

I’ll give it a try, thanks!

10 revisions is crazy.
What I would do is say “no”.
I don’t mind giving one free, I’ve even done a second for someone. But 10 is unreasonable, and I would say every time that he requests a revision, send him the last revision you made. Unless you have not fulfilled their original requirements/what might have been added on later, no more revisions. Just send back the most recent. You have done your job and he should not be trying to scam you out of money. It is not worth your time.

10 revisions is crazy.

What I would do is say “no”.

I don’t mind giving one free, I’ve even done a second for someone. But 10 is unreasonable, and I would say every time that he requests a revision, send him the last revision you made. Unless you have not fulfilled their original requirements/what might have been added on later, no more revisions. Just send back the most recent. You have done your job and he should not be trying to scam you out of money. It is not worth your time.

I tried that A couple times and he just kept sending revisions. Then he offered to pay a little more to make some additions along with the revisions. SO I accepted it and here we are again. I just need him to hit the tiny green button that says accept. This job started on 11/27/19 and i’m still waiting for it to be accepted. I messaged CS but I’m not hopeful anything will come of that. Next thing he requests from me will respond in No though, i’ll say that for sure.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

GIRL!

I’m so glad to have received your message. He’s already told me in a message that he’s submitted my work to an engineer for them to approve. So he’s using my work without even accepting the job… he’s just dragging it along. I now know exactly what i’m going to be following up my CS ticket with. Thank you so much for helping me see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Erica

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Edited to add:

Sometimes, too, CS does understand better than their responses may indicate. In difficult cases, it may be that they need to see it get to a stage where the buyer’s plans become evident. Meanwhile, we feel they do not grasp the scenario because we are getting what seem to be unhelpful answers–but they might understand it, and just be stuck in the system too (with no permission to do X or Y quite ‘yet’!)

Of course, they are working within certain case management constraints and need to see a clear breach by a buyer, in order to take firmer action… it will come. Hang in there and keep asking for help.

GIRL!

I’m so glad to have received your message. He’s already told me in a message that he’s submitted my work to an engineer for them to approve. So he’s using my work without even accepting the job… he’s just dragging it along. I now know exactly what i’m going to be following up my CS ticket with. Thank you so much for helping me see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Erica

Erica, you’re VERY welcome and I feel your pain, absolutely. Drop me a message if you need any help… : ) It’s agony… I will watch this and hope for the best for you!

I tried that A couple times and he just kept sending revisions. Then he offered to pay a little more to make some additions along with the revisions. SO I accepted it and here we are again. I just need him to hit the tiny green button that says accept. This job started on 11/27/19 and i’m still waiting for it to be accepted. I messaged CS but I’m not hopeful anything will come of that. Next thing he requests from me will respond in No though, i’ll say that for sure.

At this point unless he is actually adding more money to the order, definitely keep sending the most recent revision. He may be wasting your time on purpose. It may not be worth it at this point so do not make it less worth it.

Edited to add:

Sometimes, too, CS does understand better than their responses may indicate. In difficult cases, it may be that they need to see it get to a stage where the buyer’s plans become evident. Meanwhile, we feel they do not grasp the scenario because we are getting what seem to be unhelpful answers–but they might understand it, and just be stuck in the system too (with no permission to do X or Y quite ‘yet’!)

Of course, they are working within certain case management constraints and need to see a clear breach by a buyer, in order to take firmer action… it will come. Hang in there and keep asking for help.

And that point about having sent it to an engineer–you nailed it there. Send a screenshot of this to CS and keep referring to the fact that the intellectual property rights and Fiverr’s ownership of this (they also have a stake) are breached by this–and that it is clear he does like the work and so must now either pay or cancel, and you need their help as he has gone way beyond the agreed project scope.

At this point unless he is actually adding more money to the order, definitely keep sending the most recent revision. He may be wasting your time on purpose. It may not be worth it at this point so do not make it less worth it.

Yes, I def. will not be sending him anything new nor will I continue the job for him. Not for all the tea in china as they say. Thanks man!

And that point about having sent it to an engineer–you nailed it there. Send a screenshot of this to CS and keep referring to the fact that the intellectual property rights and Fiverr’s ownership of this (they also have a stake) are breached by this–and that it is clear he does like the work and so must now either pay or cancel, and you need their help as he has gone way beyond the agreed project scope.

Yes! I’ve clipped it 2 times where he’s submitted it twice now and that was 01/03 and 01/13 but still refuses to pay. I’ve been praying that the 3 day mark comes and he just forgets to check fiverr lol and it gets automatically accepted but I have a feeling he’s done this before. Hopefully something positive comes out of it all. Thanks again lady, i’ll update when I hear something back.

GIRL!

Erica

CS needs to know the buyer has submitted your work to a colleague. Sorry this happened to you.

I submitted the ticket and said exactly that “manipulating the Fiverr system by using product/services without paying” etc. If they do come back and say something to the effect of the quality, I’ll def. make sure to throw that bit in plus the revision system, which I think they would have access to how many revisions the job has already used.

GIRL!

Erica

He’s already told me in a message that he’s submitted my work to an engineer for them to approve. So he’s using my work without even accepting the job… he’s just dragging it along. I now know exactly what i’m going to be following up my CS ticket with.

That’s also something you can say to the buyer the next time they request a revision and you send them previous work (politely and professionally, of course, don’t give that buyer any ammo against you): that they and their company have no legal right to use your work until the order is marked as complete.

In my original gig, I show up to 5 revisions. The customer has now requested over 10 revisions, with only 1 additional payout because they added some details. They will NOT accept the job even though they’ve received the files several several times. Just when I think it’ll hit the 3 day mark of being completed automatically without them selecting “Accept”, they come back with some other excuse to need or want something more.

How do I get out of this situation?!?! I am literally getting depressed because now my account shows 44% completion rate because the job is over a month late. Every time he wants something changed, it puts the job back to “Late”. I’ve tried asking him to order another gig so we can close the original one out and he won’t. I’m so upset that it makes me never want to use Fiverr again. I’ve tried asking him to extend the gig so my rate isn’t so low but he doesn’t understand and refuses.

And asking for help from Seller Support is a joke. I might as well talk to a wall. Someone suggest something I haven’t thought of yet? The job is hundreds of dollars so I don’t want to let this one go.

-Erica

now my account shows 44% completion rate because the job is over a month late. Every time he wants something changed, it puts the job back to “Late”

Orders affecting completion ratio only if they are cancelled or completed.

A job that’s still open wouldn’t affect your stats.

“Late” order will affect “delivered on time” stats but not “order completion”.

And on top of that it wouldn’t count late as long as you delivered your first delivery within the order timeframe.

So you can be calm about your stats at least for this order.

I submitted the ticket and said exactly that “manipulating the Fiverr system by using product/services without paying” etc. If they do come back and say something to the effect of the quality, I’ll def. make sure to throw that bit in plus the revision system, which I think they would have access to how many revisions the job has already used.

Keep us posted. Sorry this is happening to you.

Try to remember that this order WILL eventually come to a close (hopefully CS will have your back to help achieve that!) and this will all be a past learning experience! I’ve gotten burned a few times on Fiverr and each time has been a huge lesson in how to better represent myself and my value on the platform.

So - CS reached out to me and said this, “I understand, please allow 24 hrs more for the buyer to respond. If any other revisions are requested let me know and we’ll gladly reach out to the buyer on your behalf.”

Guess what - like clock work the customer requested another revision and said their file wasn’t working properly. I literally tested the file 3 times and once this morning to make sure that he wasn’t going to request another revision… and here we are… I emailed CS already and told them the file is fine, tested it 4 times and he’s just trying to get away with not paying.
fingers crossed

This has been going on since November? By reading the thread, it sounds like you exhausted all options. Is this worth your time, energy, and concern at this point? Yes, a cancel sucks, and having a late Gig for so long is awful for you. You do not work for this client full time. You will rebound from the cancelation. I have had them on small and large orders like this that were unreasonable. I have not cancelled and pushed for closure and gotten 1 star reviews. But, your account will bounce back. CAD is a tough software to use and a heck of a skill to have, and I am sure others will value your work and not treat you like this person.

Yes, that’s what I have learned from Fiverr:

Never include unlimited revisions in your gig. People (and most scammers) would use this and cause your troubles later.

Always communicate with your client about the project. Keep him updated, but don’t expect him to reply back. Some clients are busy, and some are least interested in small updates. But an update can save your life. Maybe you interpreted something else and client want something different. So, in that case (hopefully) he would get you back on tracks.

Keep following up with him when you deliver if he doesn’t reply. In my opinion, client should and definitely should revert back when you deliver him, but just in case he doesn’t, just keep following up with him every 6 hours or so if he doesn’t revert back. Maybe follow up with explaining something more about the delivery.

In between of the project, if you feel that this is going bad and you may have to cancel or extend the delivery, just communicate with the client. Updating the client through out the process if very important and is worth to do.

Also approach CS frequently. Those people are getting paid to help us, right? Just use them and explain them each and every thing. They would normally reply within a day.

At the end, if it’s 100% sure that either cancel the order or have a 1 star review, just compare it with the amount of reviews you have and the order amount. Whatever looks fair to you, just proceed with it. Cancelling order and getting a 1 star review is quite similar to Fiverr’s algorithm according to me, but the order amount really matters.

Just a short story, it’s off-topic: I got an order of creating a script and setting up on the client’s computer. I completed the script but failed to set up the script on the client’s computer. The order amout was just $15 and I tried to handle the situation with above points mentioned. At last, I chose money (well, that was a mistake!) and the client gave me one-star review. 😦 I couldn’t repond to buyer’s request, nor I was getting any orders. It would have been better, if I just had cancelled the order and maybe, I could have earned more money than $15. I had just started at that time so it didn’t strike me.

Anyway, coming back…

If you follow these points, hopefully you will never face this situation again 🙂

Yes, that’s what I have learned from Fiverr:

Never include unlimited revisions in your gig. People (and most scammers) would use this and cause your troubles later.

Always communicate with your client about the project. Keep him updated, but don’t expect him to reply back. Some clients are busy, and some are least interested in small updates. But an update can save your life. Maybe you interpreted something else and client want something different. So, in that case (hopefully) he would get you back on tracks.

Keep following up with him when you deliver if he doesn’t reply. In my opinion, client should and definitely should revert back when you deliver him, but just in case he doesn’t, just keep following up with him every 6 hours or so if he doesn’t revert back. Maybe follow up with explaining something more about the delivery.

In between of the project, if you feel that this is going bad and you may have to cancel or extend the delivery, just communicate with the client. Updating the client through out the process if very important and is worth to do.

Also approach CS frequently. Those people are getting paid to help us, right? Just use them and explain them each and every thing. They would normally reply within a day.

At the end, if it’s 100% sure that either cancel the order or have a 1 star review, just compare it with the amount of reviews you have and the order amount. Whatever looks fair to you, just proceed with it. Cancelling order and getting a 1 star review is quite similar to Fiverr’s algorithm according to me, but the order amount really matters.

Just a short story, it’s off-topic: I got an order of creating a script and setting up on the client’s computer. I completed the script but failed to set up the script on the client’s computer. The order amout was just $15 and I tried to handle the situation with above points mentioned. At last, I chose money (well, that was a mistake!) and the client gave me one-star review. 😦 I couldn’t repond to buyer’s request, nor I was getting any orders. It would have been better, if I just had cancelled the order and maybe, I could have earned more money than $15. I had just started at that time so it didn’t strike me.

Anyway, coming back…

If you follow these points, hopefully you will never face this situation again 🙂

keep following up with him every 6 hours or so if he doesn’t revert back.

If you do this, you risk annoying the buyer and getting a lower rating.

This has been going on since November? By reading the thread, it sounds like you exhausted all options. Is this worth your time, energy, and concern at this point? Yes, a cancel sucks, and having a late Gig for so long is awful for you. You do not work for this client full time. You will rebound from the cancelation. I have had them on small and large orders like this that were unreasonable. I have not cancelled and pushed for closure and gotten 1 star reviews. But, your account will bounce back. CAD is a tough software to use and a heck of a skill to have, and I am sure others will value your work and not treat you like this person.

Thank you for the kind words.

Archived