Fiverr Community Forum

Customer Support Response About Gig Ranking Issue . Must Read

Hello Everyone. Few days ago i discussed about my Gig Ranking issue. And today I got the response. I am sharing because it is very helpful for all of you who are worried about their gig ranking and other issue…

June Today at 01:24

Hello there, Malik,

It is a bummer to hear that you are experiencing order and Search position issues with your amended Gig. I do appreciate how worrying this must have been for you.

I am June from the Customer Support Team and I’ll gladly look into the matter further and advise you accordingly. Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. Kindly be advised that we are receiving an increased amount of tickets in the previous several weeks.

I have just double-checked on your Gig for the creation of a professional Wordpress website and I can confirm that this Gig is both active and searchable.

Please be advised that we are currently running some tests on the search placement algorithm to best maximize the search results for all Gigs. The goal of these tests is to make sure that we’re showing the best Gigs for the intended search results. For example, we don’t want to show Gigs that are not active, sellers who are on vacation, the ones that are not original etc. We’re weighing a multitude of factors for these tests, and not just one specific aspect of a Gig.

We are constantly working to improve the marketplace, and we appreciate your patience while we work to make the marketplace even better. Please bear in mind that we are unable to improve the Gig’s position in Search manually as it is determined by the algorithm.

As you are already aware, Gig’s position is based on seller performance over a set time period. There are many factors to take into consideration, some of which may include order cancellations, delivery rate, responsiveness, etc. I can see that yours are 100%, which is great!

Yet, there may be other Gigs currently performing at a higher rate than yours. If other sellers are ranked higher, they may be consistently getting 5 stars, delivering on time, communicating quicker, etc. This all count.

Rankings change and are not permanent. I would like to use this opportunity to advise you to always look to improve your Gig’s position, to provide quality service, and to advertise your Gig on social media to optimize their visibility on the Internet . The buttons on your Gig page should be used to reach out to your social media contacts. I would also suggest you try on the following in order to attract new buyers:

• Make more original Gigs
  • Do market research to see what is trending among the buyers of the Wordpress website now to help improve your Gig’s conversion rate. This could help improve sales.
  • Try Fiverr Learn and Skill tests to expand your skills and to stand out in our marketplace.
    Checkout > My Gig
    I sincerely hope that you will find the above useful. Do not hesitate to come back if you need any further clarification.

I wish you a nice rest of the weekend and the best of luck with your future orders!

41 Likes

Did CS really say this?

Yes i can show you proof. I just got this mail now.

I’m not calling you a liar, I just find that shockingly unprofessional.

1 Like

Oh i know what you mean. But they sent me this response. And also this is very useful for all others who were worried about their gig ranking issue.

@jake_hopkins Are you facing the same issue?

1 Like

Yeah, Fiverr Learn and skill tests really help us to improve our Gig ranking. As a beginner, I am experiencing the same.

1 Like

Yes right. Also posting on social media helps according to Fiverr.

I just find that CS really doesn’t care sometimes.

1 Like

Yeah , right. They are super busy now days.

Sorry about responding 6 days later, I just saw this.

I believe that they’re expected to be casual in communication (remember that Fiverr started as a fun $5 site, and that many official messages, like “Aloha” when going on vacation, are or used to be very casual).

I have 25… I am sad to say that at the moment I don’t have any orders…

1 Like

Most of the Sellers experiencing the same issue including me. Even Level 1 and Level 2 sellers. They are running some search test may be it will help.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing these issue. hope these are resolve soon.

Yes I hope it resolve soon as well.

I am a TRS and experiencing the same. All my gigs went to the last page.

Contacted CS, thrice but got the same response everything is fine, and gigs are active and searchable.

I think it is a learning point for everyone, do not rely on one source of income when you are freelancing, have at least two or three sources so when one goes down you have support of others.

I was told by CS to focus on my work. After that I completed some orders from repeat customers with 5 star ratings, still no change in rank. Gigs are not rotating. They are stuck on last page.

There is no escalation mechanism. We need to just wait and see what happens. And find and develop new sources of incomes.

6 Likes

Same happened to me.I am level 2 seller and my gigs was on top of all search tags, But 2 months ago suddenly the gigs go on the bottom of the search pages. I also complained to fiverr and the response is same as you shier and still I am facing the problem. Although I think fiverr promote newbies and ignore the old sellers according to my research that I see on top of the search.

3 Likes

thanks for sharing these issue. very helpful for me.

I’m having this issue after having nearly a week of increased sales, more than I had ever previously had. It felt like Fiverr bumped me way up and then removed me :frowning:

It’s true @creatives_de but what could be the solution?