Customer threatening for the Legal actions

prince1872

Hello there,
I have an issue to be solved by the Fiverr. I had one order (let’s say O1)with the customer. In this order, I had delivered the file and he gave me 5 stars for the service. After some time he came back and told that product design defected (Mirrored wrongly) and he got that design printed already(he ordered print more than 20,000 pieces without checking the design on printing). I apologize, corrected the design, offered him a discount on the next design then.

he came back with another order (Let’s say O2) now. Considering the last issue, I didn’t charge him a high price. I made the minimal design with an already existing logo and it doesn’t match his expectation. He got angry and refused to proceed with this order. I tried to convince him to give me a chance to modify design until his satisfaction but he drags previous order issue in this order. now he wants me to pay for the mistake that he made on the printing website for O1. How can I pay the money for the damage caused him on a third-party printing platform?

He informed me that he is going to hire a lawyer for compensation of the O1 from me. I already have accepted the dispute for the second-order O2 and offered the free design for it but he is kind of thretening me by the legal warning.

I want to know if I am at the fault and I have to pay for his damage on another website?
Please share your suggestion

Hello there,

I have an issue to be solved by the Fiverr. I had one order (let’s say O1)with the customer. In this order, I had delivered the file and he gave me 5 stars for the service. After some time he came back and told that product design defected (Mirrored wrongly) and he got that design printed already(he ordered print more than 20,000 pieces without checking the design on printing). I apologize, corrected the design, offered him a discount on the next design then.

he came back with another order (Let’s say O2) now. Considering the last issue, I didn’t charge him a high price. I made the minimal design with an already existing logo and it doesn’t match his expectation. He got angry and refused to proceed with this order. I tried to convince him to give me a chance to modify design until his satisfaction but he drags previous order issue in this order. now he wants me to pay for the mistake that he made on the printing website for O1. How can I pay the money for the damage caused him on a third-party printing platform?

He informed me that he is going to hire a lawyer for compensation of the O1 from me. I already have accepted the dispute for the second-order O2 and offered the free design for it but he is kind of thretening me by the legal warning.

I want to know if I am at the fault and I have to pay for his damage on another website?

Hmm , I think you should not cancel the order.

He informed me that he is going to hire a lawyer for compensation of the O1 from me.

Dont worry, it’s not a very serious thing. Maybe the buyer just want to scare you/threaten you.

Hello there,

He informed me that he is going to hire a lawyer for compensation of the O1 from me.

Maybe inform him it was he decision to do the print-run (and not yours) and that he is responsible for that and maybe that he should have checked it before ordering the print run.

Maybe mention Fiverr’s Terms of service that he accepted that says things like:

YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED

You delivered the product and he accepted it with a positive review. That’s all from your side. You have nothing to do with printing. He must have verified this thing before accepting the order. He is just threatening you.

If he had explain his requirements fully and you follow them for 2nd order then you should keep the 2nd order too. I think he tricked this way to compensate the 1st order. Did you deliver the files for 2nd order before cancellation?

Hmm , I think you should not cancel the order.

Dont worry, it’s not a very serious thing. Maybe the buyer just want to scare you/threaten you.

Yes true, He seemed disappointed so I accepted the dispute. In addition, he sent me (the older print) bill from the printing website. In addition he send me his account number to transfer the money (that could have been saved if he checked the delivery).

You delivered the product and he accepted it with a positive review. That’s all from your side. You have nothing to do with printing. He must have verified this thing before accepting the order. He is just threatening you.

If he had explain his requirements fully and you follow them for 2nd order then you should keep the 2nd order too. I think he tricked this way to compensate the 1st order. Did you deliver the files for 2nd order before cancellation?

He didn’t discussed much about his requirement in second order and told me to follow the same theme from the previous order. so i used the logo and background from there.

Yes true, He seemed disappointed so I accepted the dispute. In addition, he sent me (the older print) bill from the printing website. In addition he send me his account number to transfer the money (that could have been saved if he checked the delivery).

It might be worth reporting the the posts/contacting CS so Fiverr/The Trust & Safety Team can do what needs to be done. It seems like he’s asking for money outside of the Fiverr system and that what he’s doing is against the TOS. And he accepted the terms (that included the “no warranties” etc.) when he signed up.

It sounds like an empty threat.

Even if it was your mistake, you did what you could to correct the situation. They, from the looks of it, decided to begrudgingly take you up on your offer to get some extra perks out of the situation. Except they wanted you to go above and beyond and the second it didn’t happen, they exploded in your face.

If a person has ordered 20,000 copies without a test sample, it’s on them. Geez, people order multiple test samples for 500 copies sometimes.

Since you accepted the cancelation and corrected the issue, you are no longer obligated to communicate with the buyer in any fashion. You can move on.

He didn’t discussed much about his requirement in second order and told me to follow the same theme from the previous order. so i used the logo and background from there.

I think all he wanted a free work from you in 2nd order. He threatened you and you cancelled the order. You are not responsible for the mistake he did. You should contact CS for this.

It might be worth reporting the the posts/contacting CS so Fiverr/The Trust & Safety Team can do what needs to be done. It seems like he’s asking for money outside of the Fiverr system and that what he’s doing is against the TOS. And he accepted the terms (that included the “no warranties” etc.) when he signed up.

But the money was not for the order but for the loss he faced because of the design. still it is a matter of TOS?

Or just block him. But reporting him if he’s doing something wrong (against Fiverr rules) might be the best.

If I block or report him he will be furious as we agreed to make a new free design to solve this issue. but I am not sure he will like the new design too.

can he take any actions Legally outside the Fiverr platform?

If I block or report him he will be furious as we agreed to make a new free design to solve this issue. but I am not sure he will like the new design too.

Maybe you could discuss the issue with Fiverr support (through a support ticket, though they have a long response time currently it’s probably still worth doing I think). They might be able to help better with this. Especially since he’s threatening you.

Yes he/anyone could probably could do legal action outside of Fiverr but like has been suggested it was probably just a threat And it was his fault for not checking/doing a test before the full print. And he accepted the terms that included “no warranties” etc…

Also if he’s threatening he should be reported I think (that’s against the TOS I think, as well as asking for payment outside Fiverr is also against the TOS).

Maybe you could discuss the issue with Fiverr support (through a support ticket, though they have a long response time currently it’s probably still worth doing I think). They might be able to help better with this. Especially since he’s threatening you.

Yes he/anyone could probably could do legal action outside of Fiverr but like has been suggested it was probably just a threat And it was his fault for not checking/doing a test before the full print. And he accepted the terms that included “no warranties” etc…

Also if he’s threatening he should be reported I think (that’s against the TOS I think, as well as asking for payment outside Fiverr is also against the TOS).

Yes, I already have send an email to the CS and waiting for the response.

Is there even proof that something was wrong with the design or that it was specifically your fault?

Or they just told you it was your fault and you were now forever at their mercy and have to provide free work until they are satisfied?

No there is no proof of wrong design but simple. he might expect more in it.

No there is no proof of wrong design but simple. he might expect more in it.

As far as compensation goes, one free design is a questionable compensation for 20 000 unused copies of the product. It makes no sense.

The absolute worst they can do to you is to get CS to cancel order 1. I’d seriously wouldn’t engage with them anymore. It looks like you’re being taken advantage of.

As far as compensation goes, one free design is a questionable compensation for 20 000 unused copies of the product. It makes no sense.

The absolute worst they can do to you is to get CS to cancel order 1. I’d seriously wouldn’t engage with them anymore. It looks like you’re being taken advantage of.

That can be true. Thank you so much for your time suggestions. I am relieved and waiting for the CS reply on this issue.

Thank you for your timely suggestions. I really appreciate your help.

It depends. Does he know your full name and address? If not, he can’t sue you. Do the two of you live in the same country? If not, a lawsuit would include international law, and even if he can sue you somehow, he’d pay more to his lawyer than he’d be able to get from you.

Plus it’s definitely not your fault that he didn’t bother to check the design before ordering 20,000 pieces.

It depends. Does he know your full name and address? If not, he can’t sue you. Do the two of you live in the same country? If not, a lawsuit would include international law, and even if he can sue you somehow, he’d pay more to his lawyer than he’d be able to get from you.

Plus it’s definitely not your fault that he didn’t bother to check the design before ordering 20,000 pieces.

yes we are living in the same country

Does he know your full name and address? If not, he can’t sue you

I think, according to the web, you can sue someone as a John Doe - maybe they could require (subpoena?) Fiverr to reveal the name etc. of the seller if they did that.

Does he know your full name and address? If not, he can’t sue you

I think, according to the web, you can sue someone as a John Doe - maybe they could require (subpoena?) Fiverr to reveal the name etc. of the seller if they did that.

but Fiverr do not reveal the information right?

Archived