Customer wants to cancel the order for no reason, what should I do?

sophia_2018

Hi guys, I faced a situation and want to know what would you do if you were in my shoes?

I worked with this customer on a video project for $900. I have spent some money to finish this project since I paid my scriptwriter, voice-over actress, model, and videographer.

Now the customer keeps complaining and wants to cancel the order without giving me a reason, he says I don’t like the video while I produced a high-quality video for him; far better than the video examples that he sent me for inspiration.

All my reviews are 5-star, I am sure he will give me a 1-star review if I don’t accept his dispute. Can you tell me your opinion, please? Thanks

In this case, take the one-star. You’ll be able to respond to it.

Fiverr ToS: (https://www.fiverr.com/content/payments-terms-and-conditions)

Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page . Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.

Also:

“Help! Please! My buyer is threatening me with bad review. I did everything perfectly, what should I do?” woman_facepalming Oye! Every single day!! Every day someone asks this. What should you do? If I were a seller, this is what I would do: Scammer: Cancel or else! Me: No! Scammer: I will give you 1 star review! Me: No! Scammer: What do you mean by NO!? This is my final warning, accept cancellation or bad review. Me: No! Scenario 1: Buyer gives blind review. I give buyer revie…

In this case, take the one-star. You’ll be able to respond to it.

Fiverr ToS: (https://www.fiverr.com/content/payments-terms-and-conditions)

Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page . Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.

Also:

“Help! Please! My buyer is threatening me with bad review. I did everything perfectly, what should I do?” woman_facepalming Oye! Every single day!! Every day someone asks this. What should you do? If I were a seller, this is what I would do: Scammer: Cancel or else! Me: No! Scammer: I will give you 1 star review! Me: No! Scammer: What do you mean by NO!? This is my final warning, accept cancellation or bad review. Me: No! Scenario 1: Buyer gives blind review. I give buyer revie…

Thank you so much for your response, it was helpful.

Hi guys, I faced a situation and want to know what would you do if you were in my shoes?

I worked with this customer on a video project for $900. I have spent some money to finish this project since I paid my scriptwriter, voice-over actress, model, and videographer.

Now the customer keeps complaining and wants to cancel the order without giving me a reason, he says I don’t like the video while I produced a high-quality video for him; far better than the video examples that he sent me for inspiration.

All my reviews are 5-star, I am sure he will give me a 1-star review if I don’t accept his dispute. Can you tell me your opinion, please? Thanks

I am sure he will give me a 1-star review

So, you’ve spent money on this project and it’s a $900 project, but your main worry is a little number on a screen? I mean, I think the one-star is a muuuch better outcome than not getting paid, losing money, losing time and top of that your stats will still be affected since it’s a cancelled order.

It’s a no brainer, take the one star and go laughing to the bank.

I am sure he will give me a 1-star review

So, you’ve spent money on this project and it’s a $900 project, but your main worry is a little number on a screen? I mean, I think the one-star is a muuuch better outcome than not getting paid, losing money, losing time and top of that your stats will still be affected since it’s a cancelled order.

It’s a no brainer, take the one star and go laughing to the bank.

Thank you for your response, I will take the 1 Star 🙂

Hi Sophia,

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling inconvenience from your client’s side. After all , you have spend money, devoted your precious time and paid your assistants. I would advise you not to hesitate to take 1 star and grab 900$.

Thanks

Thank you for your suggestion

Yeah. Definitely stand your ground. Even if you get an angry review, you can state your side of the story next to their review. People will then see that you did what you promised to do, and the buyer looks like a scam artist then, making their own review obsolete.

Although some buyers instead (Or also) dispute the payment to get it cancelled. But if you delivered what you promised, then Fiverr does usually compensate you for your time and effort and the buyer gets banned if it was a chargeback.

Yeah. Definitely stand your ground. Even if you get an angry review, you can state your side of the story next to their review. People will then see that you did what you promised to do, and the buyer looks like a scam artist then, making their own review obsolete.

Although some buyers instead (Or also) dispute the payment to get it cancelled. But if you delivered what you promised, then Fiverr does usually compensate you for your time and effort and the buyer gets banned if it was a chargeback.

That happened to me recently, the buyer accepted the work and loved it but later disputed the payment, Fiverr still paid me.

The same thing happened to me last year but did not get paid.

Archived