Cyber attack on 100+ Countries - Big theft - Back-up your data everyday in Offline HardDrive

fast_editing

Ransomware???

Ransomware???

Yeah this Ransomware virus attack - Which is demanding 300$

There are cyber attacks every second across the entire globe…

This kind of attack is not going every second OR every day in world -!!

My few friends computer has been hijack by this virus!!

Ransomware???

Yeah this Ransomware virus attack - Which is demanding 300$

There are cyber attacks every second across the entire globe…

This kind of attack is not going every second OR every day in world -!!

My few friends computer has been hijack by this virus!!

Few News saying - That was originally build by NSA!!

No, it was NOT built by NSA, the hackers simply exploited a Vulnerability of Windows that was USED by the NSA and leaked.

fdj3buryz5nuzyf2k620.pngGizmodo
u5ecpcfiltnjxnfa0k7g.jpg

There's a Massive Ransomware Attack Spreading Globally Right Now [updated]

A ransomware attack is quickly spreading across the globe rendering vital systems inaccessible.

llb1h06hlfzknh12dwyz.jpg

Today’s Massive Ransomware Attack Was Mostly Preventable—Here’s How To Avoid It

Ransomware may be mostly thought of as a (sometimes costly) nuisance, but when it hinders the ability of doctors and nurses to provide aid to those in need of emergency medical care, then it qualifies as armed robbery.

I’ve had ransomware twice now on laptops and managed to get rid of it both times. The first time took three solid days of work and finally I had to turn back the computer to the original factory image.

The last time was a few days ago and it was weak and took ten minutes to erase.

Both times were from a website I found on google. I was surprised google doesn’t have a better way to check websites for this since they are constantly scanning them.
https://c.s-microsoft.com/en-us/CMSImages/Ransom3-November2015.png?version=cfd16a55-c235-28cd-92d3-cb5c4eac13dc

Message used by FakeBsod to lock your web browser

You can regain control of your web browser without paying anything by closing the warning message using the Task Manager.

When you reopen your browser, make sure you don’t click Restore previous session.

I remember a few weeks back there was a hack with Google Drive.

That wasn’t actually a hack on Google Drive - instead, it was a cleverly disguised invitation to grant access to a program which appeared to have originated with Google. The reason it wasn’t a hack is because it merely asked for permission to get into Google Drive and people granted it. And when it comes to apps, extensions, and websites with permission, all it takes to get safe again is remove the permission. Google Drive is safe and sound - you just have to follow standard Internet precautions and look closely at what you’re clicking - especially so when it wants access to sensitive information.

I’ve had ransomware twice now on laptops and managed to get rid of it both times. The first time took three solid days of work and finally I had to turn back the computer to the original factory image.

Both times were from a website I found on google. I was surprised google doesn’t have a better way to check websites for this since they are constantly scanning them.

https://c.s-microsoft.com/en-us/CMSImages/Ransom3-November2015.png?version=cfd16a55-c235-28cd-92d3-cb5c4eac13dc

You can regain control of your web browser without paying anything by closing the warning message using the Task Manager.

When you reopen your browser, make sure you don’t click Restore previous session.

That’s why I love my Google Chromebook: everything is sandboxed, backed up to my secure cloud, and if anything should ever happen, all I have to do is spend 60 seconds conducting a power-wash to reset the device to factory condition.

No, it was NOT built by NSA, the hackers simply exploited a Vulnerability of Windows that was USED by the NSA and leaked.

u5ecpcfiltnjxnfa0k7g.jpg

There's a Massive Ransomware Attack Spreading Globally Right Now [updated]

A ransomware attack is quickly spreading across the globe rendering vital systems inaccessible.

llb1h06hlfzknh12dwyz.jpg

Today’s Massive Ransomware Attack Was Mostly Preventable—Here’s How To Avoid It

Ransomware may be mostly thought of as a (sometimes costly) nuisance, but when it hinders the ability of doctors and nurses to provide aid to those in need of emergency medical care, then it qualifies as armed robbery.

And, if you get infected, there seems to be an easy fix out there already.

I got the original version back in 2003, got it as a file from someone i worked with. It change the file name of every single file on my hard drive and messed with the date of files making it even harder to figure out the real names of all +8 million files. Had to check files in OllyDbg to figure out whats what, still got a few files missing from a pc game i was working on for years (still gonna finish it one day, though it might be a tiny bit outdated when released).

What? WNcry@2ol7 is the ransomware pass ? sounds like “windows cry at 20:17” haha - is it that easy?! My gosh, and all those affected hospitals…

What? WNcry@2ol7 is the ransomware pass ? sounds like “windows cry at 20:17” haha

The name of the malware is WannaCry and 2ol7 refers to the year 2017.

is it that easy?! My gosh, and all those affected hospitals…

It seems so, according to that article. I have not been affected personally so I cannot know for sure.

That ransomeware said to send $300 worth of bitcoin somewhere. Is bitcoin even around any more?

Yes, and it’s growing day by day as far as I know. They use it because it is the only way to make transfers of money that are untraceable.

What? WNcry@2ol7 is the ransomware pass ? sounds like “windows cry at 20:17” haha

The name of the malware is WannaCry and 2ol7 refers to the year 2017.

is it that easy?! My gosh, and all those affected hospitals…

It seems so, according to that article. I have not been affected personally so I cannot know for sure.

That ransomeware said to send $300 worth of bitcoin somewhere. Is bitcoin even around any more?

Yes, and it’s growing day by day as far as I know. They use it because it is the only way to make transfers of money that are untraceable.

I wouldn’t know how to use bitcoin.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

It’s probably simple to use because hackers wouldn’t want to make victims do complicated things

Well, the term “bitcoin” itself sounds overly complicated to me! I rather hear paypal or credit card, those sound simple 😛

That’s why I love my Google Chromebook: everything is sandboxed, backed up to my secure cloud, and if anything should ever happen, all I have to do is spend 60 seconds conducting a power-wash to reset the device to factory condition.

Until someone gets into the “secure” cloud. Then everyone’s compromised, and when you reset it will be reloaded. The cloud is bad for security.

@misscrystal, as far as bitcoin it can be done as a currency conversion. It may not be available everywhere, but even some banks are doing the conversions now. And from what I hear the creators of ransomware do usually conveniently include instructions on how to get the bitcoin. 😒

Until someone gets into the “secure” cloud. Then everyone’s compromised, and when you reset it will be reloaded. The cloud is bad for security.

@misscrystal, as far as bitcoin it can be done as a currency conversion. It may not be available everywhere, but even some banks are doing the conversions now. And from what I hear the creators of ransomware do usually conveniently include instructions on how to get the bitcoin. 😒

Bitcoin is decentralized so not being available in any particular region is a non-issue - anyone can obtain BC. On the internet we are all citizens of the world.

According to PCWorld Windows 10 is not targeted, and Windows Defender does protect from the ransomware:

Computers infected with WannaCry will have their data encrypted, and display a ransom note > demanding $300 or $600 in bitcoin to free the files.

Fortunately, Windows 10 customers were not targeted in Friday’s attack. In March, Microsoft patched the vulnerability that the ransomware exploits—but only for newer Windows systems. That’s left older Windows machines, or those users who failed to patch newer machines, vulnerable to Friday’s attack.

The ransomware was initially found spreading through attachments in email phishing campaigns. In certain cases, the scam emails pretended to represent a bank alert about a money transfer, according to Cisco’s Talos security group.

Users can protect themselves by being careful about such emails, Microsoft said. The company’s free antivirus software Windows Defender, along with other third-party security products from those including Kaspersky Lab and Avast, will also detect and remove the threat.

Bitcoin is decentralized so not being available in any particular region is a non-issue - anyone can obtain BC. On the internet we are all citizens of the world.

True. I was referring to the fact that it’s difficult right now to find where to get it unless you already know (on the web or in person). Most people who have never done it probably wouldn’t trust some random website they’ve never heard of to handle what is essentially money for them. That’s why I mentioned the banks - people new to bitcoin would probably feel more comfortable doing it there.

Archived