Fiverr Forum

DamnQuickPay Bait and Switch

Fiverr started to add the 5% buyers fee, but if you signed up for DamnQuickPay there would be no processing fee. So I decided to enable the DamnQuickPay and it was a straight $5 for gigs, but when I tried to buy a gig today it said there was a 5% processing even though I was using DamnQuickPay. This looks like Fiverr baited people into signing up for this to avoid the 5% and then changed it after they have enabled it.

This whole “processing fee” is a joke. Fiverrs whole business concept is based on the gigs being 5 dollars, now they’re $5.5. This will just make people cut deals outside of Fiverr by contacting the sellers through email, Facebook etc. and making their own prices directly without having to deal with this BS.

I’m thankful I have nothing invested in this site as a seller, as I see it taking a downturn in the next couple years when more niche based service sites push their way in with lower fees and a better user experience.

seabird said: Fiverr started to add the 5% buyers fee, but if you signed up for DamnQuickPay there would be no processing fee.

Where did you get this information? Fiverr manages to get away with quite a good bit of unscrupulous activity, but this could have legitimate legal ramifications.

Reply to @itsyourthing:

That was my experience when I signed up for DamnQuickPay a few weeks ago. The only reason I signed up for it was so that I wouldn’t have to pay an additional 50 cents per purchase

Have to agree with many of the objectors to fivver adding a 5% ‘processing fee’ across the board.

This will damage sellers by reducing the numbers of sales made.

Also, how much longer would it take to ‘process’ a $5.00 gig compared with a $300.00 gig - answer - no extra time at all so why the % fee, if you have to charge a fee at all - why not just a flat 50p?., this feels like profiteering and the Damn quick pay stunt was a bad move.

Sorry fiverr, you got it wrong.

Yeah, it’s like promoting gluten free chicken. DQP doesn’t charge the processing fee…Fiver does.

seabird said: The only reason I signed up for it was so that I wouldn't have to pay an additional 50 cents per purchase

This is the part I'm curious about. Where did you see/hear/read that there wasn't an additional fee with Damn Quick Pay?

Fiverr have never said that using DQP would be exempt from the processing fee. It’s clear in the ToS that all transactions will incur it (although they have since removed the processing fee for transactions from Fiverr credit). It has obviously just taken them some time to realise the error and implement a fix.

Reply to @deanstokes: Thanks for the information!

I saw that info too, that you wouldn’t be charged a processing fee if you use DQP. It’s on this page: http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/204338873-Using-DamnQuickPay

Here are the benefits of DamnQuickPaytm:

•Free! There are no extra fees when paying through DamnQuickPay™.

But, their instructions on how to activate it don’t work!

To set up DamnQuickPaytm:

1.Once logged in, place your mouse over your username and click My Orders > Payments.

2.In the FINANCIALS section, click DamnQuickPaytm

There is no Financials section. I wrote to them about this, but if they are still going to charge processing fees, what’s the point?

Fiverr Customer Support

http://support.fiverr.com

Reply to @insky: I’ve had the same problem, can’t find the FINANCIALS section, and wrote to them. No reply so far. :frowning: