Fiverr Forum

Dealing with spammers

How do you deal with spam messages on fiverr?

In my short time here i already got 2 spammers messaging me. The first one was a while ago and seems to be already gone from the site (the message was a pretty blatant advertisement of another site) but this second one seems to be more subtle. I reported him once and somehow the report alert message disappeared and now it’s affecting my response rate even after reporting him again.

Here are the messages:

Hello there!
Isn't it hard and frustrating to try and attract clients?
Well, one way to keep them hooked is to use a video to explain your gig. I can create a stunning video based off from your creative mind! Adding a video makes Fiverr rank you up the page faster and can attract customers, it truly is just a small investment.

I have a special promo that I want you to take a hold off, hoping to work with you soon. Cheers! :)

Therealjamesarq has recommended a gig for the service you need. Check it out!

I answer them first (“not interested” or “thanks for letting me know”), then click on Report.

No!

Yep, you may need to click on the “Report” button…I had a similar experience not too long ago…Kind of bizarre, it sounded like someone phishing around for my personal info. Straight away, red flag…hit “report”.

“If you don’t stop this, I will report you”.

Either they apologize and bugger off (and hopefully reconsider their ways), or they repeat their offer (!) and I click the report button. Some are a bit more finessed than others, but all are essentially a load of cold-calling guff that these morons have no idea how to do. Dress 'em down, boys! It’s fun…

The only other approach is of course to lead them on… which I would if I could be bothered and thought it might be faintly amusing!