Dealing with your first bad review

richardfmendes

Hi there folks!

I just received my first bad review, it was not on Fiverr, but how do you deal with your first bad review?

I have been freelancing for over a year and this is the first time this happens, I’m a bit sad now…

All my other reviews on that site (32) are 5 stars tough, but the bad one appears first because it’s recent…

I’m glad! I know it’s hard. It sucks. Most of the time, those negative reviews are going to be unfair. You do a good job. And if you don’t, you at least do an OK job! Reasonable people recognize that. They can put the work and the cost into the proper perspective. They may not be happy on first delivery, but they’re willing to work with you to give you a chance to resolve the issue.

The negatives are usually left by people who are just hard to deal with and who have totally unrealistic expectations. Sometimes, they’re just crazy and impossible to please. You will run into bad clients. They will give you bad reviews. It is not fair. But life will go on.

I’m glad! I know it’s hard. It sucks. Most of the time, those negative reviews are going to be unfair. You do a good job. And if you don’t, you at least do an OK job! Reasonable people recognize that. They can put the work and the cost into the proper perspective. They may not be happy on first delivery, but they’re willing to work with you to give you a chance to resolve the issue.

The negatives are usually left by people who are just hard to deal with and who have totally unrealistic expectations. Sometimes, they’re just crazy and impossible to please. You will run into bad clients. They will give you bad reviews. It is not fair. But life will go on.

Thank you, Let it snow as they say, work to cover it with positive reviews 🙂

My first 1-star review came with a really vague comment, like, “Well, I’m buying and she’s selling.” I messaged the buyer to find out why he gave me a poor review, and he said it was because other sellers had written more for him for less money. I found that quite strange. After all, my pricing is very clear.

I explained the situation in my reply to his review. Of course, I was upset because I didn’t think it was fair for him to rate me poorly when I had delivered exactly what he ordered. But I had to let it go. What else can you do? It didn’t affect my sales. You should be fine.

My first 1-star review came with a really vague comment, like, “Well, I’m buying and she’s selling.” I messaged the buyer to find out why he gave me a poor review, and he said it was because other sellers had written more for him for less money. I found that quite strange. After all, my pricing is very clear.

I explained the situation in my reply to his review. Of course, I was upset because I didn’t think it was fair for him to rate me poorly when I had delivered exactly what he ordered. But I had to let it go. What else can you do? It didn’t affect my sales. You should be fine.

thank you, I guess that’s just part of being a freelancer 🙂

Archived