Dear Fiverr WE NEED FIVERR CHAT and ONLINE indicator

i recently paid for a gig to get a tweak on my website.

Then all of a sudden my site goes down… i panic, i send series of messages asking the contractor if she took it down herself… but got no reply for a long while… even when she did reply, it was i her 3rd message that she affirmed taking my site down…[not a good communication].

I suggest fiverr lets us have a chat interphase with our buyers, contractors or seller as it may rather than having to wait endlessly or kip refreshing till a message comes in.

i also suggest we have an indicator besides our names that shows when we are online or offline, or busy, available… etc

This can help in many ways, am sure many people will agree with me. [Available but offline], [Available and online][Not available but online] etc

sometimes u want a job done qucik, and you just need some one who is online to get it done immidiately.

cheers…#

You can add more suggestions or refine the above if you have anymore ideas at the comment box below.

I both like and dislike the online status.

If i’m online and dealing with a particular GIG or another customer and then get a bunch of messages like

"You’re online, please reply"

"I can see you’re online stop ignoring me"

etc, etc, then I would very annoyed very quickly.

Yes there is the idea of having ‘busy’ ‘away’ but this is increased functionality that takes more to implement than simple ‘online’ and ‘offline’ functionality.

Guest soldierdollar

If fiverr could put up a beautiful site like this, such incorporation would be a drop of the hat to them.I also opened a similar thread like this but it seems everybody’s reluctant to broach this issue. Online status will foster better communication and we don’t need the “last active 5 minutes ago stuff” cause it is useless. We need something like "user online/offline, user log rate today: 15 times a day, average time spent per day,20 minutes " at least it will reassure the other party of how active a user is before making a transaction with him. You wouldn’t want to buy a gig from someone who logs in once in a week, would you?

Guest soldierdollar

If they could also add this feature “your message has been delivered/opened” , “your message has been starred” to know wether our message has been read or not. I believe the importance of this cannot be over emphasised. This is market place for crying out loud and a better communication is what we need to make it really a market place

Guest soldierdollar

which is better, to contact a seller who’s online and the one who’s offline. Naturally,you’d go for the one online

Online status would cause problems. Buyers might like it, but honestly the sellers will be driven crazy with pestering and nagging which will only result in slowing down their overall productivity.

Considering this is a place for $5 gigs, a,) a buyer shouldn’t expect up-to-the-second attention from a seller - one should have to pay top dollar for on-call and immediate service, and b.) if a buyer needs something done ASAP, they can search by express gigs.

Guest bloghelp

this is a great idea. better communication can mean more sales.

but it can make our website slower and make spread of spam faster.

• 11 months later...

I agree that a chat program would be great. Messages work fine as emails, but when I am discussing a project with a Fiverr member it would be nice if we could both agree to a chat where it acted more like instant messaging and showed when the other was typing. That way we could hash out all the details and the fiverr person could get all the information they need in one sitting rather than communicate in an email fashion.

Reply to @itsyourthing: There are sellers who sell stuff that goes into the hundreds, and typically, before buyer places an order, they might want to check with the seller on some things. Chat is just faster. No pestering if seller has the option to switch off online status. That should work.

• 1 month later...

Yes, Fiverr Writing, Voice, and Video Chat is needed so I can chat with clients for consulting so people aren’t wasting their time or money and so I’m not wasting mine either… Not to mention it will enhance the experience and network. The regular messages don’t always come through fast enough. I don’t know how other people do certain gigs without it… The chat wouldn’t have to indicate whether you’re online or not… just like so many other social platforms will give you the option to chat offline. A chat is not that difficult to install for this site, or even on another division of fiverr for that matter… I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before they install it… hopefully sooner than later. I think it will make everyone more money if they do.

• 3 months later...

Actually, as a seller, I would like to have a chat feature. Often a buyer is missing info or I need to aska quick question for their google local page. I think it would be viable for buyers/sellers - not people you haven’t bought from or sold to and only while a gig is live. I’m sure there are way to flag convo as the messages flag now. C;mon Fiverr … hit us with chat! Cheers!

I definitely foresee the “CHECK OUT MY GIG” garbage that would inevitably follow in high volume for open chat. It would probably degenerate from a place to talk to a spam wall way too quickly. 😦

I wouldn’t mind the online status feature, superfluous or not.

• 1 month later...

keeping an online indicator beside a person if he is online really helps anybody to have

an instant reply if we need messages or reply from the customer.

Also we can write a small JavaScript that tells every one , he was offline since. so and so time.

Hope this gets implemented soon .

I couldn’t disagree more. Chatting is BORING, it take forever. You sit there waiting for the other guy to respond. It freaks me out. I have a better idea, change Fiverr Terms of Service so it becomes legal to contact buyers on places like Facebook, Email, etc. Of course, it might already be legal since some sellers offer services on s***e.

Personally, I want Fiverr to keep the interface as simple as possible, the more you add, the more the newbies will struggle and give up.

• 11 months later...

I agree. Fiverr needs a chat software and a widget that sits at the bottom corner of the
seller or gig page so that a buyer can chat live with the seller as they browse. This is like having an instant messaging program or facebook chat at the bottom of the page. You can see an example of it at https://www.tawk.to/ or https://happyfoxchat.com/live-chat-pricing. If you look at the bottom right corner, you’ll see a green bar that says “Let’s chat-Online”. There are so many free programs like this for website users to use. I think they should bring one of these products so FIVERR sellers and buyers can communicate quickly and easily.

Archived