Decline in seller quality & moral

omensch1

I have been a buyer on this site since it was launched. Today there are loads of SELLERS who post BAIT standard gigs but have no intention to perform that task. They either string you along to increase your gig urgency and then say “I wish you had contacted me first” They are BUSY or whatever violin they play… This happens so frequently now that I am taking the time to post my grievance here. Fiverr has become much less viable due to the poorer quality of it’s services providers. I am not amused.

You may have experienced this but also remember this pandemic has left many looking for work and they have gone online in hopes to find something. Not everyone on here as a seller is honestly qualified to be a decent seller. Also remember you get what you pay for. I am sure you have noticed more tenure sellers have higher prices. A fiver can only buy you so much. Best of luck finding a qualified seller that you can work with.

Welcome to the Fiverr forums. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had a poor experience so far. If I may ask, what service(s) are you in search of?

I have had excellent experiences for the first few fiverr years but the last 2-3 years have been plagued by sneaky, tricky and often severely unskilled sellers. always looking for coders, web experts and WP, DB and CMS programmers. 4 out of 5 sellers are duds these days, takes a LONG TIME to find someone who is not BAITING with $30 dollar gigs to then turn around and want $300 etc I am obviously not the only one lamenting this, just see the forum. it would also be helpful to have a dashboard feature where a user/buyer can mark LOSERS and DUDS as one weeds thru the swamp - instead of a HEART, a broken heart or middle finger icon. you get my meaning. make it easy for us and we help fiverr grow. the honeymoon is over

well, nothing is forever. some sellers disappear, some fall off cruise ship, others get married and _______ fill in the blanks. and I hire for a variety of tasks, anyways, if this were a dating site I would stay longer, but back to work 🙂 thanks for your imagination.

That makes sense. Thank you for clarifying.
If you are still looking, two of our forum moderators do web stuff (not my area, so I don’t know if it’s the right kind of stuff). As trusted members of the forums, that trust should carry over into their work on the main platform. If their services are not what you’re seeking, then they might be able to direct you to other sellers they know.

Good luck in your search, wherever it leads.

I have had excellent experiences for the first few fiverr years but the last 2-3 years have been plagued by sneaky, tricky and often severely unskilled sellers. always looking for coders, web experts and WP, DB and CMS programmers. 4 out of 5 sellers are duds these days, takes a LONG TIME to find someone who is not BAITING with $30 dollar gigs to then turn around and want $300 etc I am obviously not the only one lamenting this, just see the forum. it would also be helpful to have a dashboard feature where a user/buyer can mark LOSERS and DUDS as one weeds thru the swamp - instead of a HEART, a broken heart or middle finger icon. you get my meaning. make it easy for us and we help fiverr grow. the honeymoon is over

always looking for coders, web experts and WP, DB and CMS programmers. 4 out of 5 sellers are duds these days, takes a LONG TIME to find someone who is not BAITING with $30 dollar gigs to then turn around and want $300 etc

Hmm looking for web expert with budget of $30. I can say you’ll get what you paid for.

Archived