Deleting and optimizing gigs?

tinker_jet

Have you ever deleted gigs that you found just weren’t doing that well?

How long did you give them to see if they’d go anywhere?

I realize this question is different for every individual seller.

I’m just curious as to what your experiences were because I currently have one gig that’s sitting in a pretty saturated category and I’m considering replacing it with something else. :woman_shrugging:

Have you ever deleted gigs that you found just weren’t doing that well?

How long did you give them to see if they’d go anywhere?

I realize this question is different for every individual seller.

I’m just curious as to what your experiences were because I currently have one gig that’s sitting in a pretty saturated category and I’m considering replacing it with something else. :woman_shrugging:

I currently have one gig that’s sitting in a pretty saturated category and I’m considering replacing it with something else.

This is always a valid consideration. They key here, is the “saturated category”. If there are way too many people offering the same service, you are naturally going to have a harder time being seen. That doesn’t make your service useless, you just have to figure out how to make it more relevant than your competition.

As I’m sure you’ve read from me, and others, here on the forums, Fiverr isn’t going to make your gigs successful, nor is merely having a gig on Fiverr a guarantee of success. Every gig can go somewhere, it’s just a matter of what the seller chooses to do to make that happen. Never sit around waiting – waiting won’t get you anywhere. If you do everything that you can to make a slow gig take off, and it just doesn’t have the customers, then perhaps it is time to tweek the gig, or adjust it to better fit the needs and interests of your target customers.

I currently have one gig that’s sitting in a pretty saturated category and I’m considering replacing it with something else.

This is always a valid consideration. They key here, is the “saturated category”. If there are way too many people offering the same service, you are naturally going to have a harder time being seen. That doesn’t make your service useless, you just have to figure out how to make it more relevant than your competition.

As I’m sure you’ve read from me, and others, here on the forums, Fiverr isn’t going to make your gigs successful, nor is merely having a gig on Fiverr a guarantee of success. Every gig can go somewhere, it’s just a matter of what the seller chooses to do to make that happen. Never sit around waiting – waiting won’t get you anywhere. If you do everything that you can to make a slow gig take off, and it just doesn’t have the customers, then perhaps it is time to tweek the gig, or adjust it to better fit the needs and interests of your target customers.

I am very grateful to you. ❤️

many many Thanks 🙂

Thank you for your response, @jonbaas

The good news is that I never felt it was useless. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to make it any more relevant to people. I did get some useful tips from the Improve My Gig forum and incorporated them, but my other gigs just seem to be doing better overall considering I’m still relatively new to Fiverr. (Under one month serving people in the community.)

I don’t expect Fiverr to make my gigs successful. Most of my sales have been coming from the Buyer Request section thus far, which I have no issue with. I just want to know if it would just be better to pack in the unsuccessful gigs to give other gigs, that may still be unsuccessful, a chance just because of the market saturation.

How long should I give that gig to turn orders? One month? Until I reach ten reviews on one gig? Something like that? What are other people’s metrics? How do you judge that?

I know there’s been a lot of talk about social media and such, but unfortunately, I am not much of a social butterfly myself so I wouldn’t really know how to go about that. I have a few valuable skills and that’s it. :woman_shrugging:

Thank you for your response, @jonbaas

The good news is that I never felt it was useless. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to make it any more relevant to people. I did get some useful tips from the Improve My Gig forum and incorporated them, but my other gigs just seem to be doing better overall considering I’m still relatively new to Fiverr. (Under one month serving people in the community.)

I don’t expect Fiverr to make my gigs successful. Most of my sales have been coming from the Buyer Request section thus far, which I have no issue with. I just want to know if it would just be better to pack in the unsuccessful gigs to give other gigs, that may still be unsuccessful, a chance just because of the market saturation.

How long should I give that gig to turn orders? One month? Until I reach ten reviews on one gig? Something like that? What are other people’s metrics? How do you judge that?

I know there’s been a lot of talk about social media and such, but unfortunately, I am not much of a social butterfly myself so I wouldn’t really know how to go about that. I have a few valuable skills and that’s it. :woman_shrugging:

I just want to know if it would just be better to pack in the unsuccessful gigs to give other gigs, that may still be unsuccessful, a chance just because of the market saturation.

This is always something to consider. But, in truth, only you can make that determination, based upon the goals you have set for yourself, and the path by which you plan to reach those goals. If you think new gigs have a better chance, sure, give them a try and see what happens. You can always pause gigs, and activate others whenever you wish. 🙂

I just want to know if it would just be better to pack in the unsuccessful gigs to give other gigs, that may still be unsuccessful, a chance just because of the market saturation.

This is always something to consider. But, in truth, only you can make that determination, based upon the goals you have set for yourself, and the path by which you plan to reach those goals. If you think new gigs have a better chance, sure, give them a try and see what happens. You can always pause gigs, and activate others whenever you wish. 🙂

Unfortunately, Fiverr only allows 7 gigs, not 7 “active” gigs or else I wouldn’t hesitate to pause and create a new gig to see if that would go better without losing my stats. Of course, my stats are primarily what has been affecting my opinion recently. (My other gigs seem to be getting attention and are bringing in some money whereas the one in the saturated category isn’t even getting looked at really. I’ve also been hanging around the buyer request section and people don’t seem to be requesting any help from people with my particular skill set.)

I would try to take a step forward and put myself and skills out there some other way, but I’m not really sure how.

Archived