I recently had a very frustrating situation emerge after I sent a gig offer to a potential buyer. Here is the sequence of events:
- I send the custom offer (The order was for a delivery time of 1 day.)
- Buyer accepts.
- I send samples the evening of the first day.
- Buyer requests specific changes that evening
- I send the amended work well within the delivery time for the buyer to review.
- No reply from the buyer.
- Multiple attempts from to contact the buyer.
- No response from buyer.
- Order marked as late.
- I click deliver, and explain to buyer that I will continue the work past the end of the delivery, but I did not want a late marking on the order as it reflects negatively on my account. (A violation I now know - since clarified with Fiverr)
- I contact Fiverr asking what to do in the specific situation.
- They explain the violation of the delivery button and warn me. They also explain they will contact the buyer to complete the order.
- Next day I am told by Fiverr that they will be cancelling the order because of the violation.
So a few things I am frustrated by. Firstly I will hold my hands up and say with absolute honesty, I was unaware of the delivery terms in light of delivering an order, I completely accept this.
After explaining this situation to Fiverr and the history of the order, they said they would contact the buyer to prompt a response to complete the order. The next day I was simply told the order was cancelled because of my violation, even though I had spent a significant amount of time delivering samples etc. A lot of wasted time and effort spent on my part and lack of clarity given with regards to contact with the buyer (if any) from Fiverr.
I would have greatly appreciated a response from the buyer first before the order was cancelled and all my time and effort wasted.
Seems a bit unreasonable to me, very frustrating.
Any similar experiences?