Delivery Days

ceceliavo

Don’t even bother with setting times unless you want to be forced to complete them all the same way. I have set up my gigs with a 2 day lead time since some times I am busier than others. I have noticed though that since I deliver some in 1 day, the system automatically adjusts the clock and now on a 2 day gig it gives me 24 hours. I looked into it and it says something like “The delivery times are based on your performance and not the actually time stated” something to that effect. So if you set up a 5 day gig, but deliver a few in 3 days, get ready for the system to change it to 3 days without your permission. Oh, to clarify, it still says 2 days, but the clock says 24 hours. Figure that one out.

Don’t even bother with setting times unless you want to be forced to complete them all the same way. I have set up my gigs with a 2 day lead time since some times I am busier than others. I have noticed though that since I deliver some in 1 day, the system automatically adjusts the clock and now on a 2 day gig it gives me 24 hours. I looked into it and it says something like “The delivery times are based on your performance and not the actually time stated” something to that effect. So if you set up a 5 day gig, but deliver a few in 3 days, get ready for the system to change it to 3 days without your permission. Oh, to clarify, it still says 2 days, but the clock says 24 hours. Figure that one out.

I keep the delivery time indicated at the very top of my order pages as low as possible - even though Fiverr may adjust that time based on the fact that most of my orders are multiples and there’s a mutual agreement that it will take longer.

Therefore, almost every order of mine ends up labelled as ‘late’ based on that time, but you just have to trust that buyers will follow through on the mutually agreed time and not suddenly expect you to deliver immediately, or cancel the order, just because they’ve recieved that message saying the deadline has passed.

Of course, if you do that, you need to indicate explicitly in your gig description how long it will take to deliver the finished product based on how many gigs they’re buying at one go. e.g. on my transcription gig the ‘standard’ delivery time is 3 days, but delivery can take anything between 24 hours and 10 days (or possibly even more) depending on how much work is involved, and I intend to do things the same way with any future gigs.

Guest tn5rr2012

I had to play around in the beginning of my family tree gig with the turn around time but eventually settled for 10 days which is a right amount of time but each gig is different, so set up your gig and extras to the specific time you need

Archived