Demoted to Level 1 FOR WHAT?

marknpablo

Hi guys, I just got my three-year-old account demoted for…

“To protect the integrity of our marketplace, you may not offer or accept services that infringe upon a third party’s intellectual property rights and/or their terms of service. As a valued member of the Fiverr community, we ask you to respect the broader Internet community and refrain from such violations.”

What on earth did I do?

I have two gigs, one doing promotional marketing on social media and the other formatting books for kindle!

I do not sell “likes or retweets” I simply post a book promo on my facebook groups, twitter, pinterest, instagram and tumblr.

Are these somehow violating their terms and conditions?

Hi guys, I just got my three-year-old account demoted for…

“To protect the integrity of our marketplace, you may not offer or accept services that infringe upon a third party’s intellectual property rights and/or their terms of service. As a valued member of the Fiverr community, we ask you to respect the broader Internet community and refrain from such violations.”

What on earth did I do?

I have two gigs, one doing promotional marketing on social media and the other formatting books for kindle!

I do not sell “likes or retweets” I simply post a book promo on my facebook groups, twitter, pinterest, instagram and tumblr.

If they were then I don’t understand why there’s a whole section for ‘Shoutouts & Promotion’ where you can choose the social network you’d like your promotion to be on:

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/online-marketing/influencer-marketing/shoutouts-promotion?source=category_filters

also:

Social Media Marketing - New Service Types & DescriptionsConsultation & Audience Research - Focused on helping Buyers understand the social media landscape they operate in, so they can best their competition. Sellers here provide social media strategy and research services. Page/Channel Evaluation - Review the Buyer’s page or channel to make sure they are following best practices. Point out possible areas for improvement.Keywords/Hashtags Researched - The number of keywords and/or hashtags…

If they were then I don’t understand why there’s a whole section for ‘Shoutouts & Promotion’ where you can choose the social network you’d like your promotion to be on:

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/online-marketing/influencer-marketing/shoutouts-promotion?source=category_filters

also:

Social Media Marketing - New Service Types & DescriptionsConsultation & Audience Research - Focused on helping Buyers understand the social media landscape they operate in, so they can best their competition. Sellers here provide social media strategy and research services. Page/Channel Evaluation - Review the Buyer’s page or channel to make sure they are following best practices. Point out possible areas for improvement.Keywords/Hashtags Researched - The number of keywords and/or hashtags…

Here’s the gig…

https://www.fiverr.com/marknpablo/promote-your-book-on-my-huge-social-media-network

also:

Seems a perfect gig to have in just the right category.

Why not ask CS how it broke third party ToS? It seems pointless having a SM promotions section if every gig in it gets removed for 3rd party ToS violations.

Added - just remembered - I posted this a while ago:

We regularly see users who’ve had their gigs removed, or even their accounts blocked for offering gigs which promote buyers’ services on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. Third party terms of service violations are cited, and that’s pretty much it, which I can understand because all of these platforms offer paid promotions themselves and don’t want Fiverr sellers to be getting the money they could be, I assume. However, what isn’t clear to me is why there is a secti…

100% response rate
96% Order Completion rate
100% On-time delivery
986 Positive reviews
5 Star rating
1,450 completed orders

It just goes to show, Fiverr is absolute garbage, they have no respect for their sellers at all.
They don’t even warn you that there may be something in your gig you need to change, they just **** you over.
What a waste of three years, I was this close to making the stats needed to be recommended for Top Seller and they’ve pulled this on me.

100% response rate

96% Order Completion rate

100% On-time delivery

986 Positive reviews

5 Star rating

1,450 completed orders

It just goes to show, Fiverr is absolute garbage, they have no respect for their sellers at all.

They don’t even warn you that there may be something in your gig you need to change, they just **** you over.

What a waste of three years, I was this close to making the stats needed to be recommended for Top Seller and they’ve pulled this on me.

See if you can find out what it was that caused it, because I can’t see the point in having that whole category if your gigs get pulled or you get demoted by providing a service which seems to be exactly what should be in that category.

I hope you can get it sorted - it may just have been somebody having a bad day? ☀️

See if you can find out what it was that caused it, because I can’t see the point in having that whole category if your gigs get pulled or you get demoted by providing a service which seems to be exactly what should be in that category.

I hope you can get it sorted - it may just have been somebody having a bad day? ☀️

I’m not too bothered, I’ve paused my gigs until they give me an answer but there you have it, conclusive proof that Fiverr doesn’t really care.

I’ve been a model seller for three years and was working as hard as possible to become a Top Seller but now…pffft.

There’s no point putting 100% into this when they can pull it all down so easily.

I’m not too bothered, I’ve paused my gigs until they give me an answer but there you have it, conclusive proof that Fiverr doesn’t really care.

I’ve been a model seller for three years and was working as hard as possible to become a Top Seller but now…pffft.

There’s no point putting 100% into this when they can pull it all down so easily.

I can comprehend your reactions @marknpablo. For one, Fiverr doesn’t have anything personal against you as a Seller and I believe they’ll definitely offer clear explanations if you contact them. Something must have informed their decision and it’s important you find out what it is. I’ll urge you to just remain calm while you sort this out. Remember that incidences like this always provide you opportunity to learn/discover something new and useful. I believe you’d get through this favorably. Kindly keep the forum posted on outcomes/subsequent developments. Cheers.

I can comprehend your reactions @marknpablo. For one, Fiverr doesn’t have anything personal against you as a Seller and I believe they’ll definitely offer clear explanations if you contact them. Something must have informed their decision and it’s important you find out what it is. I’ll urge you to just remain calm while you sort this out. Remember that incidences like this always provide you opportunity to learn/discover something new and useful. I believe you’d get through this favorably. Kindly keep the forum posted on outcomes/subsequent developments. Cheers.

I shall inform you exactly what they say, I’ll even go so far as to bet that the first reply is the usual generic, cut and paste, meaningless, unhelpful, jobsworth, insulting message that tells me nothing at all of any use.

Getting somewhere guys, here’s the reply from CS…

“Our apologies for the confusion. This service violates Facebooks Terms of Service which in turn is in violation of Fiverrs TOS. Any Gigs or services offered that is in violation of a third party Terms of Service, in turn, is a violation of ours as well. Due to this your account has been warned. This warning will not be removed.”

And my reply…

" Thank you for the reply but I will need some additional information before I can reactivate my gig.

Which posts are violating Facebooks terms of service?
Posts to groups?
Pages?
Walls?
Through Instagram?

Or all marketing on Facebook?

All of these gigs are also offering Facebook marketing…

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/online-marketing/influencer-marketing/shoutouts-promotion?source=gig_nested_sub_category_link&ref=platform_type%3Afacebook|origin%3Aheader&filter=auto

Will they all receive a TOS violation or is it just me?

When will you be removing Facebook marketing as an option from Fiverr?

Are my Twitter or Pinterest or Tumblr promotions also in breach of their Terms and Conditions?"

“Our apologies for the confusion. This service violates Facebooks Terms of Service which in turn is in violation of Fiverrs TOS. Any Gigs or services offered that is in violation of a third party Terms of Service, in turn, is a violation of ours as well. Due to this your account has been warned. This warning will not be removed.”

And my reply…

" Thank you for the reply but I will need some additional information before I can reactivate my gig.

Posts to groups?

Pages?

Walls?

Through Instagram?

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/online-marketing/influencer-marketing/shoutouts-promotion?source=gig_nested_sub_category_link&ref=platform_type%3Afacebook|origin%3Aheader&filter=auto

Are my Twitter or Pinterest or Tumblr promotions also in breach of their Terms and Conditions?"

Thank you for updating your thread. 🙂

This service violates Facebooks Terms of Service which in turn is in violation of Fiverrs TOS.

What’s the point of this whole category then?

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/online-marketing/influencer-marketing/shoutouts-promotion

Sorry - I’m still really confused by this whole thing, and am sure you must be too.

And my reply…

Posts to groups?

Pages?

Walls?

Through Instagram?

Whichever way it goes, I’d be glad to see you bounce back, having learnt something new about FiverrTOS. You’d agree with this response that the platform CARES for its Sellers.

Whichever way it goes, I’d be glad to see you bounce back, having learnt something new about FiverrTOS. You’d agree with this response that the platform CARES for its Sellers.

No they don’t. There are a million gigs out there offering facebook marketing services, if mine is against the TOS then they all are.

If they cared about their sellers they would warn them they are infringing on some rule or another without just demoting them straight off the bat.

Don’t forget, my gig has been making a tonne of money for Fiverr for months and also gained editor’s approval in the first place.

And now this…

" Hi marknpablo!

This message is to let you know that your Fiverr account was disabled by our system for violations of our Terms of Service and/or other policies.

Any available balance that remains in your account after 90 days, will be available for withdrawal pending account verification and approval by our team.

For more information, please review our Terms of Service.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.

We wish you best of luck moving forward.

Thanks,
The Fiverr team"

No they don’t. There are a million gigs out there offering facebook marketing services, if mine is against the TOS then they all are.

If they cared about their sellers they would warn them they are infringing on some rule or another without just demoting them straight off the bat.

Don’t forget, my gig has been making a tonne of money for Fiverr for months and also gained editor’s approval in the first place.

What? OMG! That’s horrible. 😡

This is one of the reasons why people don’t feel compelled to sell on this platform.

It seems like 5r is just banning people left & right.

And now this…

" Hi marknpablo!

This message is to let you know that your Fiverr account was disabled by our system for violations of our Terms of Service and/or other policies.

Any available balance that remains in your account after 90 days, will be available for withdrawal pending account verification and approval by our team.

For more information, please review our Terms of Service.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.

We wish you best of luck moving forward.

Thanks,

The Fiverr team"

Literally, what the hell just happened here?

See and this is where the water gets murky, hence the creation of so many new gigs. Other new Sellers see these gigs and dive right in. I don’t want to hear the spiel about there are too many gigs and it’s only a matter of time before they get caught. Blah!

This is downright appalling.

There should be a mechanism of some kind to prohibit people from creating these types gigs in the first place. It’s save time and energy!

Mark & Pablo, I’m sorry this happened to you guys.

See and this is where the water gets murky, hence the creation of so many new gigs. Other new Sellers see these gigs and dive right in. I don’t want to hear the spiel about there are too many gigs and it’s only a matter of time before they get caught. Blah!

This is downright appalling.

There should be a mechanism of some kind to prohibit people from creating these types gigs in the first place. It’s save time and energy!

Mark & Pablo, I’m sorry this happened to you guys.

But how can a gig be against the ToS because it’s breaking Facebook (or whoever’s) ToS when they’ve got an entire category for social media shoutouts etc. and that’s what the OP’s gigs were offering?

Archived