Denied gig without a clear reason

alone4ever

Hello, so my gig has been denied and this is the reason picture attached

646246659_FIVERRGIG.jpg.75c7d42108d6a994d0e5836ded516bc5.jpg

Actually I don’t really provide anything unauthorised or illegal, I just provide a proofreading and editing gig as a lot of other sellers do.

What should I do? is an edit enough in my gig? or shall I contact “help center”?
Thanks,

Did you have any inferences that you would proofread someone’s thesis, homework, essay, academic paper etc in your Gig? If so, this is why it was denied. That sort of Gig is not allowed. Proofreading IS OK.

GG

Did you have any inferences that you would proofread someone’s thesis,

CS told me that it is not against TOS to proofread thesis and dissertations but not any other academic work.

There are many gigs for proofing Medical Essays for entrance to med school; I was approached to proof some. However, when I checked with CS, they told me I could lose my account if I did the job. I told the client it was against TOS, and they said okay, and I thought that was that.

Then in about an hour, I got a message from the buyer saying he was upset that I had reported him to CS, and he had done nothing wrong. Then he blocked me before I could explain I had not informed him but merely asked if the service was against TOS.

Did you have any inferences that you would proofread someone’s thesis,

CS told me that it is not against TOS to proofread thesis and dissertations but not any other academic work.

There are many gigs for proofing Medical Essays for entrance to med school; I was approached to proof some. However, when I checked with CS, they told me I could lose my account if I did the job. I told the client it was against TOS, and they said okay, and I thought that was that.

Then in about an hour, I got a message from the buyer saying he was upset that I had reported him to CS, and he had done nothing wrong. Then he blocked me before I could explain I had not informed him but merely asked if the service was against TOS.

Do you have any idea about if I can edit the gig and let it active again? or I only have one option and it’s to delete it?

Did you have any inferences that you would proofread someone’s thesis, homework, essay, academic paper etc in your Gig? If so, this is why it was denied. That sort of Gig is not allowed. Proofreading IS OK.

GG

No I didn’t and that’s why I wondered why they denied it in the first place, and I KNOW THAT PROOFREADING IS OKAY.

“Offering to prepare academic works on behalf of Buyers”

The above is listed as a violation in the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page. Fiverr is removing such gigs.

Make sure to carefully read the Terms of Service as a violation can risk your account.

Don’t worry I carefully red it before and read it again, my gig wasn’t providing any academic work.

It’s still weird for me.

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn’t matter if it’s unauthorized or illegal. This is a matter of policy. This violates Fiverr’s policy and you don’t get a free pass to break policy just because something isn’t unauthorized or illegal.

“without a clear reason” – No, Fiverr was VERY clear and this would be even more apparent to you if you read the ToS, which you agree to when you register with Fiverr.

It doesn’t matter if it’s unauthorized or illegal. This is a matter of policy. This violates Fiverr’s policy and you don’t get a free pass to break policy just because something isn’t unauthorized or illegal.

“without a clear reason” – No, Fiverr was VERY clear and this would be even more apparent to you if you read the ToS, which you agree to when you register with Fiverr.

Well first of all they used the word "unauthorized " in the reason section why it was denied, just to make things clear here.

I know the policy and I have read it carefully that’s why I was upset (not anymore after I contact CS).

However can you be less aggressive here? I would be gratefully thankful actually. Also can you be less judgmental too because you didn’t see my gig and I’m pretty sure that it still "without a clear reason was denied" and I clarified that to the CS that my gig wasn’t against or broke the TOS or anything and they replied kindly,

Well first of all they used the word "unauthorized " in the reason section why it was denied, just to make things clear here.

I know the policy and I have read it carefully that’s why I was upset (not anymore after I contact CS).

However can you be less aggressive here? I would be gratefully thankful actually. Also can you be less judgmental too because you didn’t see my gig and I’m pretty sure that it still "without a clear reason was denied" and I clarified that to the CS that my gig wasn’t against or broke the TOS or anything and they replied kindly,

It is a clear reason. Sorry.

It is a clear reason. Sorry.

I assume he means the gig didn’t mention anything about academic work, so Fiverr saying it’s denied because of being an academic gig is incorrect. If the gig never mentioned anything about doing academic work, maybe it could be because a review mentioned “assignments” or something or maybe the profile image might have made CS think it was related to academic work?

Archived