Fiverr Community Forum

Deranked gig, no money for a month

So i posted before about how upon updating my gig metadata i no longer appear in search for “digital art” unless I apply unecessary filters. I didn’t know this was going to happen, and was prompted by fiverr to make the updates. After a week long customer supprt conversation that mostly consisted of them saying “damn tough shit”, I gave up. I have gone from 1500 daily views and up to 100 clicks to about 100 daily views and maybe 4 clicks.
I’ve done the promoted gigs. I’ve reverted all changes, and nothing is working. During pandemic, i have been making a living here and now I’m terrified that my 6 months of work getting to level two with all 5 star rating are all gone. I genuinely don’t know what to do and would appreciate some suggestions.

5 Likes

Most likely you were featured on the first page for a while.

I have more than 15000 reviews on my gig, they constantly move me in and out of search, and I have 30 clicks on my main gig. So you should consider yourself lucky that you had so many views. Now other people are promoted and they get the spotlight, then they get removed and others will take their place. There are tens of thousands of new users on Fiverr now due to the pandemic.

10 Likes

Sure, but I’m failing to see how my gig doesn’t show up in the relevant category at all… Considering the title is: draw custom digital art for any purpose, you’d think it would show up when you search for digital art. But it’s nowhere to be found…

2 Likes

Editing, Essays,

I’ve worked in advertising, essay writing, editing, marketing for Facebook, Instagram, blogs, etc. Have a proven track record of excellence in academic writing.

Suggest you remove all references to essays and academic writing (copied above) from your gig and profile descriptions.

Helping with academic work is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page, and to do so is to risk your account.

7 Likes

Not the gig in question but thanks for the suggestion. Not that I have an essay editing gig, but i do fail to see how editing goes against tos in the first place? Writing and doing shit for people sure, but editing too?

3 Likes

Unethical Services

Fiverr’s marketplace is open for sellers to offer any creative and productive service they wish to propose. With that being said, we ask to refrain from offering any unethical service. For example, taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) or requesting academic work to be done for you, is unethical since it violates most schools’ Honor Codes and constitutes copyright infringement. Fiverr does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.

The above is from the Community Standards.

Will leave this with you.

5 Likes

You do realize there are more than 200000 people that provide logos, illustrations and digital art, right? You are competing against a lot of people, and you also have pretty high prices too. I understand your frustration, I have all my gigs removed from search right now too, but the truth is that there’s a ton more competition and ranking high is very hard nowadays.

2 Likes

Doesn’t answer whether or not editing is allowed, hahaha. Thanks though, I’ll take a look as i was thinking of opening up an editing gig and now I’m not sure if it’s considered a violation :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I completely understand, but i have scrolled through the first 40 pages of gigs! I mean, i scrolled to the point where it’s only new listings with no reviews, or gigs which have been inactive and dead for years. I’m not there! That’s why I’m frustrated, and I’m not sure how to fix it.

2 Likes

I know. I am right at the end even if I just pick only my country. They push you back at the end, and if the gig performance is ok and you constantly get great reviews and orders, you will be fine. There’s nothing we can fix because there’s nothing we can control.

2 Likes

It is, but I will leave this with you.

5 Likes

Well, it’s a never ending story we see :wink:

First of all answering your question: yes, editing your gig might take it out of search, sometimes it might not but in most cases it does take the gig out of search.

Secondly it’s the story that see for years:

-new sellers coming and complaining that fiverr promotes only old sellers.
-fiverr created gig rotation where they started giving a chance for new sellers and putting them to the first pages
-to do that fiverr has to rotate older sellers to the last pages.
-old sellers complaining that it’s not fair and new sellers are happy.
-then gig rotation is finishing and new sellers placed where they supposed to be with search algorithm or it’s their time for rotation now.
-new sellers again complaining that they had such a great momentum and earning so much and why fiverr is so unfair and removed them from search:

And then that story repeats all over again.

10 Likes

Hello i have been on fiverr since 2019, still no job, I must say you are lucky :roll_eyes:

I’m sorry man, what are you selling? I genuinely think that this platform is terrible for sellers. Even if all goes well and you get work, you never know when you’re going to be screwed over. Maybe it would be worthwhile posting your skills on other freelancing sites? Maybe it would be for me as well…

WordPress development

I used to do some of that as well. I’ve had some success in just approaching people directly, the ones who have no idea what a website is hahahaha. I’m so sorry man, it’s honestly crap. If I had known that the site was as volatile as it was, I wouldn’t have started.

can i show you my gig link, i hope its safe

I apparently have no idea what constitutes a tos violation :sob: so don’t ask me if it’s safe

I’m not sure if I’m okay with participating in a site which has no guarantee of security despite rank. Why are you still here?

i wanted you to check if i my profile is alright