Design wasn't what I asked for

dakotagyspy

I bought a gig for a seller to make me a Facebook header for my business FB page. I’m not a designer by any means so I didn’t have any ideas going into it, but I provided her with my logos, colors, and asked for a ‘clean/minimalist’ design. She gave me a very cluttered, noisy design with tons of other colors and graphics, the only thing she used my colors on were the words. It doesn’t go with my brand at all and I can’t use it, but if I request a modification she’d really just have to scrap the whole thing and start over. On top of that, it took her 3 days and I really need this done. Should I request a mod or buy another gig from someone else?

What is the seller’s modification rule? Does he/she say anything about working on modifications if they made a mistake or misunderstood your intentions? If you were very clear with telling her that you wanted a clean simple design, it is her job to rework on it, even if it means working from scratch again. Not sure how long it will take her to rework on it, maybe you can ask for a modification and place another order with another seller…if you end up liking both images I don’t really see the harm, you can change the banner from time to time. 🙂

Maybe ask for a modification as well as getting another gig (or maybe two) underway with different sellers, so you are better covered. I have found that sometimes I need to go through a few different sellers to find someone I am happy with for a particular thing, then I stick with them from then on 🙂 When the fiverr prices are so good, you can afford to try a few people out until you find someone you click with.

Reply to @kay2809: I checked into it and apparently she is a mod but rarely gets on the forums for some reason. There is apparently a bug on her account with the badges but I got that secondhand. Personally, I think it would be better for her to wait on mod duties until that bug is fixed.

Unfortunately ever forum is going to have some wackos and I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them did try to pretend to be a mod. I know I’m a lot more comfortable taking someone seriously when I don’t have to wonder if I’m being tricked.

I think you should do both as well. For one thing, if you need something soon, did you pay for one day delivery? Or did you just by the gig and their time frame was 3 days? whenever you need something soon, always contact the seller beforehand and buy 1 day delivery.

As for communicating design preferences, you are not alone. Many people do not know how to order designs and then don’t get what they want and don’t even have ideas about things. However, almost everyone knows what they like and don’t like once they see something. I would suggest sending links to 5 websites you DO like and then 5 sites you hate, makes sure it’s clear which is which 🙂

Unless someone has done a lot of research about your “brand” how do they know what goes with your brand? Did you discuss your overall business with this person and show them your website?

How much did you pay them for this gig?

And how many revises does it state in the gig you get?

What it seems that you were very clear with what you wanted to be done and the seller should have gone with the colours that you had requested, in which it is the seller’s mistake…

im just asking, before you made an order did you make some background check on the seller? were you the first person to order that particular gig form your seller? and if you were not the first person to order how was the rating of the gig and how did the portfolio look like before you made the order, was their work good.

Archived