Designer copied Logo off of T-Shirt website

peenut_show

2 days ago, I found out that a logo, that was apparently totally custom made for me, got copied off of a T-Shirt website. The designer claims his first draft and the logo on the T-Shirt website look nothing alike. Final product had a minimalistic change and still looks JUST like the logo on the T-Shirt website. I wanted to be fair, even though in hindsight I should have contacted Fiverr no matter what, and offered the designer to just refund the money on PayPal and the case would be closed for me. He said he would but I would have to give him time because PayPal was apparently blocked in his country. He never contacted me again so I contacted Fiveer. This morning, I received 2 E-Mail from Fiveer saying that my account has been flagged for sharing contact information and for offering and/or accepting payments outside of the Fiverr platform 😑

Here the draft:
Draft.thumb.jpg.a3d8ce37baee86f219c43d056e488af0.jpg

Here the Website picture:
474903272_Website20picture.jpg.a2d854c2c4bfaacc83161a759d1afe73.jpg

Can you guys see that they literally are the same?

It’s a conceptual copy, not an exact clone.

What brief did you give them for them to come back with that?

There’s the spec, and the budget which are the first concerns here.

If your budget was ten bucks I think it fair to say you got ten bucks worth of work.

You can’t expect 100% perfect pixels which have never been seen before for a tenner, at that price the artist is going to cut artistic corners in the same manner as you cut financial ones with the budget.

You mentioned PayPal in a message? That’s like talking about bombs at airport security. It falls under don’t, just don’t.

Thanks for your input. I totally get what you mean about not expecting something unique which has never been seen before. He has basically typed in “peenut” into google picture search and there it is. I paid $52.50 in total.

This is what it says on his page:

Are you looking for a Unique, Custom and Created from Scratch

Well…not in my case…

T-Shirt link

favicon.icoCharGrilled T-Shirts
imagegen.jpg.250f39719b4fa71f083be7db3a51792e.jpg

Peenut Vest By CharGrilled

Have a look at this cool t-shirt. Peenut Vest By CharGrilled

Price: GBP 12.00

2 days ago, I found out that a logo, that was apparently totally custom made for me, got copied off of a T-Shirt website. The designer claims his first draft and the logo on the T-Shirt website look nothing alike. Final product had a minimalistic change and still looks JUST like the logo on the T-Shirt website. I wanted to be fair, even though in hindsight I should have contacted Fiverr no matter what, and offered the designer to just refund the money on PayPal and the case would be closed for me. He said he would but I would have to give him time because PayPal was apparently blocked in his country. He never contacted me again so I contacted Fiveer. This morning, I received 2 E-Mail from Fiveer saying that my account has been flagged for sharing contact information and for offering and/or accepting payments outside of the Fiverr platform 😑

Here the draft:

f6e54891ad3a08a5fd5a612d410627d264d42845.jpeg

Here the Website picture:

9bd6538aa2e5fa29c19ff323f0c057a276a8bfaa.jpeg

Can you guys see that they literally are the same?

just refund the money on PayPal

You may not offer Sellers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the Fiverr.com site.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page which everyone needs to read before buying or selling on Fiverr.

Archived