Didn't you have order..?

apsaraaruna

here the most recent reason i heard…

some people doing jobs for low price… so customers think we are doing low quality job… examples- some peoples give logo source file in $5 … at least it must be upper $10…

don’t decrease your talent price…give valuable price for the any work…don’t think customers came to low price…

Sheriff’s Note: This post has turned into an ongoing discussion and the original post isn’t really a tip, so this thread will be moved to Conversations.

Total agree. I’m receiving every day messages for my GIG - Landing/sales page creation: https://www.fiverr.com/tipstricks3315/create-landing-page-or-sales-page

People want me to create full responsive website with unique web design for 5 USD =) LoL this is really crazy. They want me to spent all day on their project for 5 USD? 5 USD I offer only ready made template, but standard price is 25-60 usd… Same For website banners…So I thing a lot of sellers on Fiverr have similar problems.

Reply to @tipstricks3315: Normal static web site price is upto $100 … but now what…? i saw some pakistan seller give website to $5 (such a idiot) 😦 soo sad…what’s the value of web developer… so i stopped the create the web site… now i make only graphic design…

Sheriff’s Note: Please do not use derogatory language when speaking about Fiverr sellers or buyers.

Reply to @apsaraaruna: I think it would be silly to raise the base price on a site named Fiverr. You can use another site if you dislike the basic price. Just use the base price to offer something you can do in 15 minutes. For example, offer a B&W concept sketch cheap. If they like it they can pay something more for a finished low to medium resolution PNG. If they want vector source, that can be extra.

You don’t have to lose as much on PayPal either. They cap their fee at a $1, so wait until you have over &50 to cash out. If you withdraw $55 to PP you get $54.

Well this is never-ending story. There will be always some people who will work for free and more or less the quality of such work is not even 0, it is below 0 :).

This makes the life of a freelancer much harder, but once you prove your skills and find clients who appreciate your quality of work, you don’t need to complete with these low prices freelancers.

This is the case with all freelancing platforms not just with Fiverr.

We have proverb here asking if you work for money or for glory 🙂 haha

First you work for glory and this is almost for free. When you gain experience and knowledge and become famous with your work, only then you start to work for money.

While this suppose to be a joke, it turns out it is reality, especially in the freelancing world.

I spent 3-4 years to make my reputation on Upwork - (ex oDesk) platform. While it is great place to work, it was very difficult for me to compete with some freelancers who were working for free. My fiverr friend: me4hire, want to say: How they are even paying for their internet connection, working for such low prices? 🙂 And she is completely right.

Finally after 4 years I have managed to find great clients that are paying my effort and knowledge properly.

Sooner or later once client has bad experience with such sellers, he will see the difference. Sad thing is that we all learn from our own mistakes.

Sadly but true that there are many sellers out there, who agree to work apx free. They make the competition harder. For me, if buyer pay lower than price i estimated so i will refuse. Because it’s not only my time but also my health.

Yesterday i got a message from a buyer. She wanted a video. Requirement was too many. I will do as both illustrator and animator but she pay only a half of my price, because a top seller here said he will do with that price. I was totally suprised about that. Even my target for future is to become a top seller but i can’t sell my idea/time for that very low price like that :). Not worth.

fonthaunt said: Just use the base price to offer something you can do in 15 minutes.

This is key! Instead of sellers feeling they have to offer the entire scope of their gig or more for $5 just to compete or for any other reason, it's better to break it down into something they feel is worth doing for $5 and for the time it takes.

If a seller doesn't want to work for the equivalent of $5/hr, for example, then their $5 offering shouldn't be something that takes an hour to complete. They should find a way to break it down even further so it'll fit into a time and pay model they can live with. If it's something that simply can't be broken down that way, don't offer it here.

I use Fiverr exclusively for the kind of work I'm content to do (and have time to do) for this cheap. My business offline is where I take on clients for industry work that has no place on something like Fiverr. I wouldn't even do it to myself lol

It's up to sellers to find the balance that works for them and try to design their gigs around it. Depending on buyers to understand how long something should take or how much it should cost and if the extra money is worth it doesn't work well. Being undercut sucks but it happens for a reason. A lot of people just want to pay less, period.

pfpgogo: if Fiverr don’t change the “Request modification” function, there’s no way can stop buyer when they want to get more than the money they paid. Even you wrote very clearly in the gig des that for 5$, no modification/or 1-2 modifications, buyer keep trying request modification. If sellers don;t do as they want - negative feedback - It’s not fair at all. Many buyers know this and they try to let us choose between : unlimited modification OR negative feedback .

I design book covers mostly, and usually not one for 5$, my minimum price for book cover is 35$, usually i make a custom offer for 50$, also, I don t understand why charging things as formating etc more…when actualy the design is something where you spend the most of the time, formating, 3d mock ups, that is like 10-15 minutes of job, just a bit extra on your price. I would say it is way better to make yourself a base of clients you regulary work with, and not to ever do job for 5$ unless it is something you can do in 20 minutes maximum. Also, I hate fact that people offer to do anything in designing and editing for only 5$, it is putting down the value of work, there is no way someone puts as much as effort into 5$ job as in 50$ job. Lets be honest here, people witch are grabing 5$ jobs usually do like 10 of them in one day, now how good those designs can be? I know I can t do more then 2-3 daily, it takes me hours; not because I don t know how, I just don t want to only one sale with one client. Most of my clients had at least two sales with me.

theres my two cents on this topic, sorry if i offended anyone.

I read many comments and many are quite dumb ( : to put it in most constructive terms : ) and IMHO the fault is not with the sellers. The fault lies with site itself and here is a concrete example - my own example. I have quite a simple logo. It’s shape and layout is already done. However, I do not like the shadows in it’s 3d look. Or maybe I want few versions as in flat and 3d and whatever. So, I am sitting here, with no idea how to post a request for work because I am having difficulties figuring out what to ask to be done for $5. The whole idea of doing lots of work and making it up on higher resolution formats is bizarre because someone who is seriously expecting custom logos for $5 will most likely steal the design if the good format files are themselves also not relatively cheap. Having said all of that, how do I post a project that is neither $5 nor $500 but maybe $50 and gets expanded to $100 by doing gifs and flat vs 3d and other variations, if I end up liking the initial $50 look? In any case, I recommend that the site be renamed from bizarre fiverr.com to a more sensible thriverr.com so that everyone (besides the site) can thrive. And you know what? If this site thinks that I am not being constructive (for their own sake for which they should actually pay me) then they can feel free to ban me - right now! 😉

Archived