Difference in currency conversion + Buyer fee

janali

Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if this is the right category but I don’t know where else to put it. I was wondering if anyone else noticed differences when it comes to the currency conversion when creating a custom offer.

I had a couple of German buyers now who asked me for a custom offer and I tend to tell them the dollar price and then convert it into euro since euro is worth more, it makes the dollar price look less scary. Only just now I had a custom offer for $240 and with the current course, that should be 197€ but after sending the offer, the price was converted to 206€. Now, I don’t mind getting some extra Euro out of it but it sure looks bad from the buyers’ point of view since we agreed on a lower euro price. I guess I should avoid telling them the euro price before creating a custom offer but I am still wondering where this difference is coming from.

I believe I read on the forum that buyers have to pay a fee as well now when placing an order. Is that actually true? And does anybody know how high this fee is?

Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if this is the right category but I don’t know where else to put it. I was wondering if anyone else noticed differences when it comes to the currency conversion when creating a custom offer.

I had a couple of German buyers now who asked me for a custom offer and I tend to tell them the dollar price and then convert it into euro since euro is worth more, it makes the dollar price look less scary. Only just now I had a custom offer for $240 and with the current course, that should be 197€ but after sending the offer, the price was converted to 206€. Now, I don’t mind getting some extra Euro out of it but it sure looks bad from the buyers’ point of view since we agreed on a lower euro price. I guess I should avoid telling them the euro price before creating a custom offer but I am still wondering where this difference is coming from.

I believe I read on the forum that buyers have to pay a fee as well now when placing an order. Is that actually true? And does anybody know how high this fee is?

I guess I should avoid telling them the euro price before creating a custom offer

Yep.

I deal with Europe a lot and have never quoted in anything but Dollars.

The idea of it looking less in Euro just doesnt work.

Processing fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover payment processing and administrative fees. As of July 2016, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $1 on purchases up to $20 and 5% on purchases above $20.

I suggest reading the Terms of Service now and then, all this kind of info is there.

I guess I should avoid telling them the euro price before creating a custom offer

Yep.

I deal with Europe a lot and have never quoted in anything but Dollars.

The idea of it looking less in Euro just doesnt work.

Processing fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover payment processing and administrative fees. As of July 2016, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $1 on purchases up to $20 and 5% on purchases above $20.

I suggest reading the Terms of Service now and then, all this kind of info is there.

Thanks for the info, I thought the fees for buyers had just recently been implemented, I’m working on Fiverr since July last year but didn’t notice anything like that when I ordered something from another seller.

Your buyers will see their pricing in their account. There’s no need to quite in dollars other than US.

I’m in Canada and have worked with Canadian buyers who I quoted in US dollars.

Most of my clients, especially when it comes to higher purchase prices or bigger projects, ask in advance how much it’s going to cost. Before they decide if they want to work with me, that’s how I got to notice the difference in the first place. But I’ll just tell them the dollar price then to avoid miscommunication.

Thanks for the info, I thought the fees for buyers had just recently been implemented, I’m working on Fiverr since July last year but didn’t notice anything like that when I ordered something from another seller.

If you used your Fiverr funds to buy then you would not have had any buyer fees. They are processing fees for adding money to your account.

Archived