Fiverr Community Forum

Difficulty getting orders for an artist

I know, I know, I have only been here one day. However, on other social medias as well, I find it extremely difficult to get commissions, and I am confident that my quality of work is worth at least five dollars. I am not so sure what I am doing incorrectly. Perhaps cartoons aren’t what people want nowadays? Should I set my sights on improving my art and marketing more?

https://www.fiverr.com/ositodraws/draw-any-character-traditional-or-digital

Here it is. Any advice would be appreciated greatly.

a) 8 days delivery time to draw a single character is too long :slight_smile:
usd 10 or 15 to draw a full body character instead of 5 would be good for beginners. 5 is too cheap.
can add an option to draw black and white artwork.
b) would be good if you add your portfolio link in gig’s description.

The following URLs may be used in your profile or Gig description:

Note: If you use a URL in your Gig, which is not in the above list, your Gig may be denied. Repetitive violations may also cause an account to be restricted.

1 Like

If you’ve only been here 1 day that might not have been enough for the gig to have been added to Fiverr’s search index.

I’d check out the buyer request page and send offers. I’d maybe think about separating the digital and traditional cartoons into separate gigs (I assume Fiverr would be okay with that as they’re different enough). That way you could show more examples of each type as well as give options etc. more specific to each type. eg. currently there’s only 1 digital image. Also you could add a gig video to show other example images.

I agree with veniceart about the delivery time. To start off with maybe reduce the delivery time while still having a reasonable price. Once you get orders you could then increase it (either the delivery time or price or both) if necessary. You could also mention the file formats you can deliver in and resolution of images delivered where applicable.

Also, I don’t know if it’s just because of a change in the way Fiverr works but I don’t see the extras (mentioned in the description/FAQ) on the gig page.

1 Like

Oh that’s a great idea! I will half my delivery time and add a black and white option! Thank you!
Oh I didn’t know about those links! I’ll set up a portfolio on tumblr since that’s one that’s allowed. I truly appreciate it.

1 Like

Hmm… I am not sure where to find those extras! I put them in while creating it…
Yes that was a good Idea, I recently halved the delivery time.
Yes, I have noticed the whole file format thing in many other people’s digital art gigs. I am able to save work in most any file format with procreate, but I will add the specific ones to the descriptions. I think that adding the video would also be a good idea.

I appreciate your reply, thank you for your insight.

1 Like