Digital Song Rights

I’m not totally up to date on my copyright laws so I need a little help on this question.

If I post a 5 second sample of a popular song on my gig am I breaking any copyright laws? Or Fiverr’s TOS?

My gig’s about removing foul language from music files, I wanted to post examples of past work that I have done but just want to make sure it’s legal first.

Thanks for your answers,

Please check out my gigs!

Spiderwebb :slight_smile:

From Fiverr’s Terms of Service:

By offering a service, the seller undertakes that he has sufficient permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide, sell or resell the service that they offer on Fiverr.

Sellers advertising their Gig online must comply with laws and terms of service of the advertising platform or relevant website used to advertise.

I interpret that second part to mean that any image, video or audio associated with our gigs in order to promote them must be owned by us or be properly licensed for our use to be in compliance with the law.

You probably should review the TOS, if you didn’t actually read it:

Yes, if you do not have permission from the copyright holder. Some options are to find some musicians you know to create something, create your own alternative, or buy a Gig to create one. Good luck!