Direct (email) marketing? Share your experiences and tips!

sasho_pipi

Hi fellow sellers! I hope you are all doing fine;)

I have one question to ask. We all want to find as many channels of advertising of our gigs as possible. Last time I was thinking about email marketing.

Have you ever tried to contact a company directly through email where you offered them your fiverr services?

For example, I could contact company who has a poor facebook public profile and offer them my service to improve that. How would company react? Could this regard as a spam? Especially because we appear in the process as individuals and not as a company!

Thanks for all the tips and shared experiences! I believe we can all learn something from that!

Wish you all the best!🙂

Saso

If you’re talking about a past Buyer, this is not allowed per Fiverr’s Terms of Service: "Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the order page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the buyer."

If you’re talking about a potentially new Buyer, it can be considered spam. This is because you are contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent. It’s best practice to contact them through an online form or a business email should they provide it publicly - not on a personal and/or private account.

Reply to @thepromogirl: thanks for your reply! Yeah, I meant contacting a potential buyer. So sending a direct message on a public email is not such a bad idea after all? 🙂

Sorry I’m not hearing more from others, i believe this is an important marketing tool, but obviously not many of you are using it.

Guest volodymyrpro7

It’s more difficult than other ways of promotion. You need to build a list of potential clients. But, yeah. I think when I will have time I will try to do it.

Archived