Directory Submissions for SEO - Good or Bad?

geterdonetoday

I’ve bought some directory submission gigs on Fiverr for a few of my websites and I’m wondering what others experiences are with these types of gigs. The seller I used (I won’t divulge who) is very nice and seems be very honest and has excellent ratings and I don’t want to say anything to hurt his or her business. The directories seem to have helped my rankings, but they were brand new sites and I’m not sure if they would have ranked just as well, up to 1st, 2nd or 3rd page of Google for keywords even without the directory submissions. My main concern is the directories look a bit “spammy” and I now seem to be getting spam in my email from these sites. The sites seemed to rank better after about a few weeks of being up and now after a few months they seem to be slipping in rankings on Google. This has me a bit worried about these directory submissions. I’m also concerned that if Google decided it didn’t like those directories sometime in the future, could it tank my rankings? Any thoughts on this?

• 4 months later...

hey @geterdonetoday Your thinking is right now directory submission not beneficial for website ranking But if you do local directory submission services then your website definitely gets ranking at local level.If you gets local ranking then you know its increase your website sales locally. Becoz of Google Panda and Penguin updates we know only focus on quality work and provide Panda and penguin safe work.

Only focus your local Market

How i know that?

Becoz I also provide SEO Services. I have more than 5 years experiences.

regards

seoranks1

http://fiverr.com/seoranks1

Archived