Fiverr Community Forum

Disappointed with fiverr

I was very impressed when I came across this site! I am good at being creative but do not have the software to be able to create the designs that I am looking for.

I paid $42 to have a logo done using my business name. I wanted it to appear to jump off the page and in a beachy font in blue and green colors. I also request to have a paw print in logo, and “.com” to appear after or under the logo in plain text.

Also included was a facebook cover. They had an example that I wanted to copy, just with a different breed of dogs and my logo and color scheme.

I had conversation with seller for about an hour regarding the above statement, made payment and didn’t hear anything for 20 hours. I had sent messages wanting to see if they needed more information, and to make sure that I was navigating site correctly because I was not getting any responses. My last comment was at 20 hours and I stated that I was concerned with the communication with the seller. Seller then sent files for me to download. I didn’t think I would get a file to download until the final draft. The link was at the top of the page, after I opened and was very disappointed with the work, I read the next paragraph saying to leave positive feedback and good night. Obviously I will not have my logo today and I paid for 24 hour service. Very disappointed. The facebook cover is in pink and purple and nothing like the example that I wanted to copy. The logo does not look like a beachy font and is in purple and lime green. I know that someone saying something can be totally different then what is being comprehended and I would be okay with making changes until we are on same page but no communication and wrong colors make me feel like I just wasted time and money.

I tried to cancel the order and now I have to wait for seller to agree. I’m sure I will not hear back today, therefore no refund and no logo.

Well, you paid for a 24 hour service, and then pressured for communication shortly thereafter. A few things:

• The seller probably had other projects to finish.
  • You’re more than likely not his/her only client
  • Seller has a life
  • Logo’s take effort and time, and you purchased a rush order with very intricate details.

I’m not faulting you, but each seller has various circumstances in their life and don’t work around the clock. He/She probably felt pressured by your constant messaging, which created a lackluster result. If you want a refund, contact Customer Support.

PRESSURED FOR COMMUNICATION??

If a seller has so many clients that they cannot even reply for 20 hours then they have bitten off more than they can chew. Communication was excellent for an hour until payment was made. Then there was no contact, no preliminary sketches, nothing for 20 hours. The last message I received was a notification saying they needed more information. This was my reply:

I see a message in my notifications saying that you need more information but when I click on it I do not see a message from you.
14:38MAY 02, 2016

I sent a message yesterday letting you know that I received a notification saying you needed more info but I didn’t see anywhere where it said what info was needed. I thought I would have a draft this morning to look at. Please let me know if I am not explaining myself clearly or if I am not going to the correct place on the website.
09:01MAY 03, 2016

I just sent a message on the order conversation page. I am not sure I am navigating this website correct. I feel like I have lost communication with you after I paid for services. Please advise.
09:16MAY 03, 2016

INTRICATE DETAILS?
I do not feel that my design was intricate, the logo is text with a shadow in blue and green colors and the facebook cover was to be copied from one they had already created, just using different breed of dog. A novice graphic artist could accomplish that in 15 minutes tops.

I realize there are 1000’s of sellers and that there is only one comment and one thumbs up to that comment, but If this is the attitude of sellers on Fiverr then I will pursue other avenues to get my logo created. This is very poor customer service.

point of correction, that seller disappointed you. Not fiverr

Sour grapes. Don’t know why you got so upset. And, this is a forum, not customer service.

I see a message in my notifications saying that you need more information but when I click on it I do not see a message from you.

sounds like Fiverr, not your seller, sent you a message nudging you to send details to launch the project. Next morning (aka nearly 24 hours later), you finally did the message, which would have started the countdown.

Not much point screeching at other sellers and hufflepuffling off the website due to the poor customer service here (please note: you are not our customers–you are that seller’s customer, and Fiverr is the ultimate arbitrator in this marketplace). Customer Support may be able to help you, but it looks like you screwed up, too. The seller may indeed be too busy to keep up with the status of new unfinished orders, as they do not appear in the to-do list. Were they based in your time zone or several hours ahead? If several hours ahead, then it would be expected that they would simply not be around due to sleep/social life etc.

Note that if the seller has completed the work to the standards etc described in their profile, then a cancellation/refund may have to be negotiated with your seller, as Customer Support won’t do it for you. Plus, if you do get a refund it will be in the form of Fiverr credit, so you might want to consider the flounce :slight_smile:

All in all, I know a lot of buyers forget that after negotiating in an inbox that they have to actually start the order–even if its custom–but you had a message, and it is more or less your responsibility to check it for any additional details that you might need to fill in. You could argue that’s the sellers job, but a busy seller has enough to do in their to do list without chasing up the unfinished ones.

As with so many things in life, you wish to blame another person for your own mistake. The logo isn’t something any of us can comment on. I think 99% of logos here look like cat’s vomit or illegally copied stuff, so you don’t really have my sympathy for your cheap logo plus whatever the extra fast charge was.

Soz.

emmaki:
That makes sense that it was fiverr sending the notification or nudge as you stated. I had already gave all the information that they asked for so I wondered why I received message. That is why I sent messages questioning if I was navigating the website correctly. Please take a look at my messages below. Was I correct in sending messages via the active orders page? I just want clarification for future use.

This message was wrote in my active orders activity:
14:38MAY 02, 2016

I sent a message yesterday letting you know that I received a notification saying you needed more info but I didn’t see anywhere where it said what info was needed. I thought I would have a draft this morning to look at. Please let me know if I am not explaining myself clearly or if I am not going to the correct place on the website.
09:01MAY 03, 2016

This message was sent from my inbox:
I just sent a message on the order conversation page. I am not sure I am navigating this website correct. I feel like I have lost communication with you after I paid for services. Please advise.
09:16MAY 03, 2016

UPDATE:
I received a message from the seller stating that they sent me the logo in 23 hours. I then asked why I didn’t receive a rough draft before they sent me downloadable files.

I now understand why everyone is saying I am to blame… I thought I would be getting rough drafts, making revisions, and then they would send my final draft to download within 24 hours. So when they sent me the download I thought that they were finished, and had not communicated with me or sent me any files to revise, or absolutely love. With this being said I think that anyone can understand my dilemma. Hopefully everything will work out!

I have met some very nice people letting me know that they would be happy to create the logo if I do need to find another seller. Thank you!! =)

I had a problem with messages yesterday. Someone sent several messages that I just simply didn’t get until a few hours later.

All this may have been due to a fault with the website… Just saying :slight_smile: